Premed 101 Forums

How busy is O week?

Guest misstrotteuse

Guest misstrotteuse

Hello,

I posted this question earlier on in the week, not thinking that the answer was essential, but now I have my boss pressing me to take hours during the first 2 weeks of school. I was wondering if it is feesible for me to take in hours during frosh? It seems to be pretty jam packed!

thanks to anyone who might be able to enlighten me a little!

miss:rollin

Guest wassabi101

Hey misstrotteuse,

I'm not sure how much free time we'll really have but I myself also had to find a few extra time blocks and decided on the following:

-you'll notice that whole first week that there are several slots for picking up your computer and learning how to use it. Although there are six two hour slots, you'll only need one of them and the rest of these slots you'll have off. You won't find out until tuesday which one you're in, but assuming you're in the French group, you can rest assured you'll have thurs from 3 on free and fri morning off.

-If you can work evenings, I guess you could pick and choose what frosh activities you'd like to participate in.

As for the second week, I have no idea what our class schedule is, so I can't help you there. I *heard* Monday afternoons are off, but I'd wait for one of our moderators to confirm that one for us.

Looking forward to meeting you soon!

Cheers,

wassabi

As much as the schedule looks open, it is a fairly filled week. Even if you do have some time off, I think it is really important for you to get other important things done during that time....

a) buy books?

B) OSAP

c) bus pass

d) get stuff for your house

e) rest

f) pre-drink

g) school supplies

h) MOST IMPORTANT... get to know your classmates. You'll find that you will really get to know everyone during the first week or so, and this is valuable and you will form friendships that will last a long time. I met my closest friends during this week and I wouldn't work even if my boss paid me double. You don't want to regret it. However, this is just me. Lots of other people who had a great experience did take time off to do other things (work, kids/spouse time, etc...)

Guest wassabi101

How about time, to work, to make money, to pay for:

a) books

B) OSAP

c) bus pass

d) stuff for your house

e) pre-drinks

f) school supplies

:b

martinis it is ;)

Drunken cheers!

wassabi

Guest UOMeds06

V is right about taking the time to get to know your classmates. On the other hand, if you only need to make up a few hours, you will find the time. I don't suggest missing any of the events though. When it comes to UofO meds frosh week, which ever event you will choose to miss will inevitably be the one that every one will continue to talk about for the next 4 years. That is why I attended every single event...with NO regrets. Rather than hearing about those "good times" I remember them quite vividly! Each of the events will have a number of memorable moments...each of them to be discussed over dinners and at block parties for years to come.

See you Tuesday bright and early!

UOMeds06

Guest misstrotteuse

Hey guys,

thanks for your answers! I guess the other headguards will have to take care of the Ottawa U pool instead of me!! hihi. I just might put myself on "reserve" for those two weeks.

looking forward to Tuesday,

Miss :rollin

Archived