Premed 101 Forums

prereq courses

Guest 0T6

Hey,

To apply to Ottawa you need 2 full years in orgo, inorganic chem, or bio chem right?

Does 1 full year in orgo, 1/2 year in inorganic, and 1/2 year in biochem fullfill it or does it have to be 1 full year in atleast 2 of the three?

Best to get the word from the horses mouth. In the OMSAS booklet there is a number for the Ottawa admissions office. If you rely on the info given here, you may be jeopardizing the application. Not that the info here is ever wrong, but the requirements do change sometimes and its worth the call to be sure.

Guest chiapet921

hi!

just want to confirm what UofO says on their website...because I'm been going in circles...I cannot apply to UofO for Sept 2004 admission if I'm still finishing the pre-req courses in the 2003-2004 academic year, from Sept 03 - Apr 04 right?

thanks!

Guest tappety tap

Here's the scoop:

You need 3 full years

including:

one full year in biology/zoology with lab

one full year in humanities or social sciences

two full years courses in general chemistry with or without lab, or organic chem with lab.

The prereqs must be completed by the beginning of JUNE of the year you would start medicine. So if you are currently applying for medicine for fall 2004, you must have completed these by June 2004. You can apply if you are currently in your third year, provided that these prereqs are fulfilled by June.

for more details check out:

www.medecine.uottawa.ca/e...duate.html

and click on admissions (it's a pdf file)

good luck with the admissions process! I know it can be confusing...that's what we're here for :)

Guest chiapet921

ok..that really cleared things up!

for the entire summer I was somehow under the impression that I needed to complete all my pre-reqs before even applying...!

0T6 : did you ever found out how the pre-reqs work? I'm similar to your case as well, since I'm completing a full yr physical chem, full yr. organic chem right now...and did 1/2 yr. biochem 2 summers ago...

Archived