Premed 101 Forums

WGPA Cut-offs for 2003 matriculants

Guest Dr EustonSquare

Guest Dr EustonSquare

Hey there all,

I had inquired with the admissions office about WGPA cut-offs for the class beginning this fall. Here is what was sent back to me:

"The cut-offs for academic performance is based on a list of priorities which is matched to the geographical status of the applicant. The geographical status is confirmed by the permanent residence (home address). Applications from candidates to advance in the selection process last year

goes as follows:"

1. Franco-Ontario 3.40

2. Aboriginals 3.40

3. Underserviced areas in province 3.55

4. Regional (Ottawa-Outaouais) 3.60

5. In-province 3.83

6. Out of province 3.87

Hope this helps.

Best of luck to all 2004 applicants.

Cheers

• 1 month later...
Guest everyoneloveschem

I have a sneaking suspicion I won't make the GPA cut-off due to one credit, but I'm still going to apply anyway, even though the application is such a pain in the #@$. It is tres frustrating.

I wonder if choosing people from under serviced areas actually ends up with having doctors there 10 years later, or if the doctors just end up in big cities? I guess depending on the size of the community, it would only really apply to GPs and already there are too few of those.

• 4 weeks later...
Guest grandmellon

Is there a place where we can see a list of city which are classified as the "Underserviced areas in the province". For example: Orillia?

Thanks!

:D

Archived