Premed 101 Forums

Apllying for premed

Just wondering what premed considers for admissions i heard ppl say even high school grades are considered for in-province students is that true?

other than that theres only the interview, r score, self-description letter?

thx

The only score that matters is your R score. High school grades are not considered at all.

Peace

• 2 weeks later...
lol thanks but are you like sure? because i heard 2 professors say it was accounted for. maybe the teachers told us fake information just so we work harder in secondary school after being accepted into cegep? :S

Anything below postsecondary is not considered. The only time that your high school marks will be considered is when you apply for CEGEP, or trade school.

Also, most of this fearmongering is to encourage you to work harder. In high school, the teachers would always tell us how CEGEP and University professors were heartless individuals that dont chase after you. On the contrary, many CEGEP teachers still chase after students for work, and its actually more easier than they describe. You can hand in assignments late and not get zero as they describe in most cases.

• 3 weeks later...

ohh ok thanks for reassuring me :P and i kinda have a second question if you guys don't mind, does premed rejects a candidate if he/she takes a summer course? like humanities, not like redoing the course, but taking it instead of during the semester.

p.s. thanks for the replies :D

ok yeah i checked the site, at the bottom it says "who have not taken any of the required courses (above) in a context outside of a regular session, including summer session, intersession, advanced placement or equivalence examinations,"

and in the required courses there's only bio, chem, phys, math

:S

Hmm, I see. They're basically contradicting themselves... But if I were you I wouldn't take any chance, cause in the first paragraphe it says : ''The applicant must carry a full course load in each of the regular consecutive semesters of study''.

But why don't your call at the Fac of Medicine? Then you'll be sure of what to do and what not..

Archived