Premed 101 Forums

Autobio Sketch - Awards & Accomplishments

Guest moetheshmoe

Guest moetheshmoe

Just to ensure that I'm not totally messing up on this part of the application...How would I explain the qualifications or competition involved in getting a black belt in Tae Kwon Do? It didn't really involve a competition; I was just marked on my technical performance and sparring abilities. Is this what I would put on the application?

Also, are we supposed to explain what we learned and why we took these activities?? If yes, under what heading do we explain it?

Guest Kirsteen

Hi there,

Sure, you could include your martial arts accomplishments in the sketch, again, especially if your sketch may be a little light in the awards section. :) You might want to include some details as to what it takes to achieve a black belt as opposed to the competition involved. Also, do you know what the pass rate is for those going for their black belts? That may be an interesting tidbit of information to include. As to where to place statements re: what you've learned, I did not enter any for the awards section, but did enter statements in the 150-character textbox for the other sections.

Cheers,

Kirsteen

Archived