Premed 101 Forums

Choosing a Major

Hi there Pre-Med 101 community,

I am trying to decide on my major and was interested in taking a Business Administration Degree or an Human Kinetics degree and also taking the pre-requisites I need to get into medical school.

Am I better off taking my major as one of those with a minor in biology rather than taking Biology degree with a minor in one of those degrees rather than the other way around?

Which courses are absolutely required by Med Schools?

Thanks for the help, I apologize for the general question, but I am a little confused right now.

The required courses vary depending on the school, so you'll want to check on the ones you're interested in applying to to make sure you get the right pre-reqs. Generally there's bio, chem, o-chem, but like I said it varies and some don't have any required courses. Some also require English or physics or statistics or humanities classes.

As far as what to major in, med schools really don't care, but some of them like to know that you had an alternative career in mind and that you majored in something you were interested in. So I don't think you need to major or minor in biology unless you actually want to for yourself.

Archived