Premed 101 Forums

What do you think?

Guest noncestvrai

Guest noncestvrai

Hello all, I applied to UofO, but I was wondering what are my chances since I am from Québec, and french is my first language.

I have an undergrad GPA around 3.8-3.9, and 4.0 in graduate school, I also read the back of cereal boxes to give me a competitive edge at a possible interview...

I am in the process of writing my thesis (youppi...arg:( )

Give it to me straight docs.

Guest Kirsteen

Hi there,

Well, your GPAs will not pose a problem, no matter if you were assessed as a graduate or undergraduate applicant. What will make a difference then is your sketch and research productivity. Both need to be lovely in order to snag an interview at Ottawa. :)

Cheers,

Kirsteen

Guest noncestvrai

I have 4 abstracts and and I am co-author on a J. Neurosci paper, and a possibility of 2 to 4 more papers in preparation if all goes well...I have been to several conferences to present data...and the upcoming Neurosciences (in New Orleans)...I have done lots of extra curriculars, and volunteering...to my opinion, without having saved the world but still, I tried my best...

Time will tell...

Guest noncestvrai

Well, I put French in the OMSAS application as my first language, why do I ask this question is because I'm not from Ontario, and from what I read on the forum, they do not take many out-of-provincers...so I wanted to have some idea of what people though in general of my case.

Guest wassabi101

Salut!

Tu ne devrais pas avoir trop de difficulté si tu peux demontré de la productivité dans tes études graduées (Dr. Hébert aime beaucoup admettre des étudiants de maitrise et de PHD). Je suis une étudiante du Québec avec une maitrise qui a été admis au programme francophone et mon GPA durant mon bacc n'était pas aussi haut que le tien. Par contre, j'ai plusieurs articles de publié et beaucoup d'expérience en recherche. Alors, je crois que tout dependera sur l'entrevue!

Bonne chance!

wassabi

Guest noncestvrai

Je vais voir, j'ai plusieurs "abstracts", mais seulement un papier (5eme auteur), et peut-etre 2 ou 3 possbles (2 1er auteur, 2 peut-etre co-auteur), donc en preparation, mais quand meme beaucoup d'annees d'experiences en recherche (pendant le bacc aussi), je voudrais bien poursuivre en recherche le plus possible aussi pendant les etudes de MD, mon but etant d'etre chercheur-clinicien.

J'ai un ami en premiere annee de medecine, de mon Institut, qui est a Ottawa...Sung il s'appelle. UN bout entrain ce petit, il doit s'ennuyer de ses folles nuits a Mtl...

Archived