Premed 101 Forums

Those entering this year: How much of your LOC have you already blown?

How much of the LOC have you dug into?  

1 member has voted

1. 1. How much of the LOC have you dug into?

• $0
    • $0 - $1000
    • $1000 - $2000
    • $2000 - $3000
    • $3000 - $4000
    • $4000 - $5000
    • $5000 - $6000
    • $6000 - $7000
    • $7000 +
    • I don't have an LOC yet, or I don't plan on getting one.

I put the $1000 deposit to secure my spot on the LOC, I figure it's tuition so I don't feel that guilty. Plus it pretty much wiped out my bank account with moving and the new radiator I had to put in my car :( .

Don't feel guilty about a computer, I go on the apple website several times a day to look at the laptop I'm going to get. I tell myself I can get it once I finish my thesis, but lately my 6 year old Powerbook really isn't cutting it and clicking "Add to cart" just seems so easy...

I put the $1000 deposit to secure my spot on the LOC, I figure it's tuition so I don't feel that guilty. Plus it pretty much wiped out my bank account with moving and the new radiator I had to put in my car :( .

Don't feel guilty about a computer, I go on the apple website several times a day to look at the laptop I'm going to get. I tell myself I can get it once I finish my thesis, but lately my 6 year old Powerbook really isn't cutting it and clicking "Add to cart" just seems so easy...

ewwww, Apple, lol

Why not get a laptop and hackintosh it? Asus has many laptops that are better built than macbooks/macbookpros and are hackintosh-able :D

ewwww, Apple, lol

Why not get a laptop and hackintosh it? Asus has many laptops that are better built than macbooks/macbookpros and are hackintosh-able :D

Been down the hackintosh route, much prefer the first party. I've used a ton of laptops and computers over the years both apple and PC and I've never seen the same build quality as I get from my mac. I'm not really a spec whore either so I am more than willing to sacrifice a couple notches of GPU power for that oh so elegant and slim case.

Plus I've had this powerbook for 6 years so I gotta keep up my fanboy love, albeit a fanboy without an income, hence the one computer every 6 years, lol.

I think I put $15,000 on it before school started. I had a massive credit card balance incurred over the previous year (paying for my paramedic class, surgery for one of my cats, moving expenses, trip home) and then spent about $2,000 on furniture and other stuff for my new place.

I use my LOC to pay for almost everything, as my govt loans don't even cover my entire tuition. Thankfully, U of A has need-based bursaries, which alleviate some of the burden. But I'm pretty sure I'll be in the top 10% of my class as far as med school-related debt is concerned!

Been down the hackintosh route, much prefer the first party. I've used a ton of laptops and computers over the years both apple and PC and I've never seen the same build quality as I get from my mac. I'm not really a spec whore either so I am more than willing to sacrifice a couple notches of GPU power for that oh so elegant and slim case.

Plus I've had this powerbook for 6 years so I gotta keep up my fanboy love, albeit a fanboy without an income, hence the one computer every 6 years, lol.

The fact that the Mac lasted 6 years says a lot too. You might have gone through two non-macs in that time due to lower quality. Macs are still good value I think.

Archived