Premed 101 Forums

MCAT

Guest Globle User

Guest Globle User

Hi there,

I was talking to someone today who told me that U of O will be taking account the MCAT marks beginning next September. I was just wondering if this is true or how much info someone may give me regarding this. If so, I have to write the MCAT AGAIN!! Thanks so much for your help!

Guest UOMeds06

I haven't heard that and would be VERY surprised if that were true. Unless you read it on some official site, don't believe it. Unfortunately, there are a lot of people out there who want to discourage you from applying.

UOMeds06

Guest FrenchyMed

I was told by a senior Ottawa source that the MCAT will most likely never be used because it is only offered in English and Francophones can't be forced to write it. If Francophones don't need the MCAT to get in, the it is unfair to ask the Anglophone to write it...

There was also mention of the MCAT being too "pro-American" for Ottawa's taste...

Guest medical cptn

Hi there,

Actually I was actually wondering about the MCAT as well because I asked a PhD student who was waitlisted at U of Ottawa about the MCAT. He said that he had spoken to one of the Doctors at St. Mike's hospital (apparently he's affiliated with one of the med schools) who said that the MCAT will be reinstated the next round of admissions.

I almost had a heart attack!!! Anyhow, if someone could please confirm this for sure that would take my mind off the MCAT for a while. Thanks a lot! :)

Guest medsoneday

MCAT's will not be reinstated into U of O. Like FrenchyMed mentionned it is an english test and would not be fair to force the francophone applicants to take the exam. That is why U of O uses a WGPA cut off that is relatively high.

medsoneday

Archived