Premed 101 Forums

Number of applicants to UofO this year

Guest Kirsteen

Guest Kirsteen

Hi there,

I was interacting with the great folks at the UofO regarding another matter and thought I'd ask if they had some idea of the number of applicants for this year. They do. Apparently there are about 2700 applicants in total for the 2003-4 application cycle. A little higher than last year's number (2447).

Cheers, and good luck,

Kirsteen

Cool Kirsteen!

Glad to know that someone is keeping on top of things around here. Thanks for sharing! :P

Also glad to know that I am not the only one who is trying to relieve the stress of the wait by checking this board a million times a day! :o You know who you are :eek

Guest Steve U of T

It's interesting that Ottawa (as well as Mac) applications have been increasing greatly over the past couple of years, while applications for the other 3 Ontario schools seem to be staying the same or decreasing. According to the OUAC/OMSAS, Ottawa had only 2040 applications for the 2002 entering class. A 33% increase over 2 years is pretty big. Anybody have a potential explanation?

Guest Kirsteen

Hi there,

Applicants' abilities to view their MCAT results prior to OMSAS' mid-October deadline may be the biggest factor. If an applicant feels they have a sub-par MCAT showing, then they may scrap other applications in favour of one to Ottawa and/or McMaster, neither of which give a hoot about MCAT performance.

Cheers,

Kirsteen

Guest medicator007

I concur with Kirsteen's assesment regarding the increase in applications. Speaking personally, I know that my OMSAS application would have been VERY different (and cheaper) had I know my MCAT results... that being said, as a non-Ontarian, I did know my GPA ahead of time and that kept me from applyind to U of O.

Best of luck in this round folks!

Medicator

Archived