Premed 101 Forums

MCAT August 13

Apixaban85

• 2 weeks later...

Good luck to the August 13 people :) !

Quick question if anyone knows: If we finish the PS section with say 10 minutes to spare, can we use that time towards our break to extend it to 20 minutes? The reason I am asking is that I may need that time to look at myself in the mirror and give myself a prep talk about why I should not kill myself after doing the Verbal Section. Thanks for answering my serious question and ignoring the side details by not calling the help line :P .

Furthermore, anyone else taking a break tomorrow and just chilling? I personally am probably going to go see a movie, maybe The Other Guys ... looks funny. Be a good cheer .

Quick question if anyone knows: If we finish the PS section with say 10 minutes to spare, can we use that time towards our break to extend it to 20 minutes? The reason I am asking is that I may need that time to look at myself in the mirror and give myself a prep talk about why I should not kill myself after doing the Verbal Section. Thanks for answering my serious question and ignoring the side details by not calling the help line :P .

Furthermore, anyone else taking a break tomorrow and just chilling? I personally am probably going to go see a movie, maybe The Other Guys ... looks funny. Be a good cheer .

Haha that's hilarious, I'm not sure if you can extend the break like that though I do like your train of thought!

I'm probably going to do 1-2 verbal passages in the high afternoon + scan through some orgo rules and just look at the physics equations

By 5-6pm everything shall be halted!

I'm pretty sure you can just leave the timer going after you've answered your last PS question and it'll automatically go into break time. But if it was anything like the PS I had today then I doubt it. I got to the last 3 non-passage questions with 45 seconds left on the clock and had to guess on one of them :(

• 1 month later...
They are out....

11/10/11, P...

I know the P will probably keep me out of Queens, but what about other schools? (I'm SWOMEN) Is it me or are the writing scores (as seen posted on this site) on the low side?

9 VR/12 PS/13 BS/R - 34R

I thought I would score much lower on the writing sample. That 9 VR is going to sting like a *****

9 VR/12 PS/13 BS/R - 34R

I thought I would score much lower on the writing sample. That 9 VR is going to sting like a *****

I feel your pain bud. A 12/9/12/R for me last year was annoying as hell in Canada.

First time to write: 9PS/10VR/10BS R. I dunno how I should feel about this, is this even okay?

Actually, this is the best breakdown you can hope for with a 29. PS gets least importance at all schools. Not sure what the minimum cumulative at Queens was this year, but a decent shot at an interview there along w/ Mac (CASPER dependent), UT (made all soft cutoffs, GPA dependent), and maybe Western if the verbal goes down.

+ Ottawa is a go if your weighted GPA over last 3 years is 3.85+. Not a bad situation to be in w/ regards to in province.

Not sure what the minimum cumulative at Queens was this year, but a decent shot at an interview there along w/ Mac (CASPER dependent), UT (made all soft cutoffs, GPA dependent), and maybe Western if the verbal goes down.

Queens and Western require a 30... Last year, westerns cutoffs were 9/10/11 so if the verbal goes down, BS or PS will go up.

I had a dream, my score wasn't good.

as soon as I woke up, I logged in and looked for August and lowest score!!! out of many attempts. But, it was my first MCAT from few years ago whew... all day, I was anxious and finally I checked it...just now.

Everything stayed the same. even verbal...9 .

Only my writing improved. What the hell? fml!

Now I have S in my writing with everything mediocre and f* verbal.

Why? Why? Why?????

I am happy that I didn't drop in bio or physics, but verbal 09 is hurting me.

i'm pretty happy that i dont have to retake

although i'm afraid my verbal will keep me out of queens and western (and mcmaster!)

10 v

12 p

13 b

S

Queens has never been an 11 for VR. Your score should be solid for Queens.

Who knows about UWO, but lets all hope they go back to the reasonable 10.

Thanks GGGSaint! Yeah I might have to pass on Queens and UWO since I'm almost sure my MCAT won't cut it. Thanks for your input though! Here's hoping my MCAT mark is fine for UBC!

Actually, this is the best breakdown you can hope for with a 29. PS gets least importance at all schools. Not sure what the minimum cumulative at Queens was this year, but a decent shot at an interview there along w/ Mac (CASPER dependent), UT (made all soft cutoffs, GPA dependent), and maybe Western if the verbal goes down.

+ Ottawa is a go if your weighted GPA over last 3 years is 3.85+. Not a bad situation to be in w/ regards to in province.

I had a dream, my score wasn't good.

as soon as I woke up, I logged in and looked for August and lowest score!!! out of many attempts. But, it was my first MCAT from few years ago whew... all day, I was anxious and finally I checked it...just now.

Everything stayed the same. even verbal...9 .

Only my writing improved. What the hell? fml!

Now I have S in my writing with everything mediocre and f* verbal.

Why? Why? Why?????

I am happy that I didn't drop in bio or physics, but verbal 09 is hurting me.

Sometimes when things stay the same is indicative that there is something in your technique that you have to change. Have you tried different approaches each time - did you find what works best for you? How were you doing in the practice AAMCs? Reflect, and don't stress - stressing won't make things better.

Archived