Premed 101 Forums

Dry-erase boards

gb35

I think it depends on a person's comfort level. For instance, since I practiced for my MCAT using paper&pencil, I would hate to use the dry-erase boards (fortunately, my actual MCAT centre used paper&pencils). For me, change from a routine isn't really a good thing, especially for something like the MCAT. However, I know people who could easily use sidewalk chalk instead of pencils and it wouldn't bother them at all. So I can totally see how the dry-erase board would bother some people (myself included). Plus, it may be hard to go back to previous questions since you would potentially have erased your work.

Well I just called my administration place but they don't know anything about it. They have no idea how it is administered.

I'm bringing my own paper and pencils just in case. The idea that you are expected to use a dry-erase board is absolutely ridiculous. It is much harder to write a sentence on those things.

I don't think you will get a choice. If the test center uses dry-erase boards, I find it unlikely they'd let you bring pen and paper in.

I started this thread though hoping that someone with experience with the dry-erase boards would shed some insight...

I don't think you will get a choice. If the test center uses dry-erase boards, I find it unlikely they'd let you bring pen and paper in.

I started this thread though hoping that someone with experience with the dry-erase boards would shed some insight...

Yeah, you're right... Dry-erase boards aren't the end of the world, but don't they know how nervous we are haha? Even the smallest change will make some people freak out.

On the bright side, I am writing in the basement of a hotel and it is so quiet I won't even need earplugs!

Archived