Premed 101 Forums

Advice on Rewrite date

metukah

After not doing well on 06/17, I have decided that I am going to try one last time. My PS is my weakness. I have to decide if I should write on August 24 (a little over 2 weeks from now) or Sept 2, since these are the only dates available. I havent review or studied since my exam. My issue is although the Aug 24 date is very soon, I would at least get my scores out before the Oct 1 OMSAS deadline for applying. If I write Sept 2, I will have to apply to each school and not know how my MCAT went = big waste of time and money if my scores don't meet cutoffs.

Since I have used all other materials, my plan is to use TBR physics and gchem this time around for practice and review. Should I cram into like 17 days? or give myself until Sept 2? I am also a Masters student, so won't have all day to study.

Thanks!

depends on how confident you are with the material.

If you are like me and tends to forget everything it's done, give it a little time to review and study (not too much, because you are going to be less motivated with thinking that 'I have enough time' crap)

If you feel ready and just needs one more opportunity, book it now.

If you haven't used your vacation time yet (MSc gets 3weeks) you can use that to study/recuperate.

hope this helps.

After not doing well on 06/17, I have decided that I am going to try one last time. My PS is my weakness. I have to decide if I should write on August 24 (a little over 2 weeks from now) or Sept 2, since these are the only dates available. I havent review or studied since my exam. My issue is although the Aug 24 date is very soon, I would at least get my scores out before the Oct 1 OMSAS deadline for applying. If I write Sept 2, I will have to apply to each school and not know how my MCAT went = big waste of time and money if my scores don't meet cutoffs.

Since I have used all other materials, my plan is to use TBR physics and gchem this time around for practice and review. Should I cram into like 17 days? or give myself until Sept 2? I am also a Masters student, so won't have all day to study.

Thanks!

Tough call (really tough) but I would delay and get more prep done. Noboby likes wasting money but that would increase your chances for success in the end. You can also keep a look out for an later openning as well (doesn't matter if you get your results back one day after submitting or 2 weeks after). Often some spots spring up near the end.

Archived