Premed 101 Forums

Structure of Verbal Passages on the MCAT

Dee88

I was just wondering if anyone remembers the way the verbal passages were presented on the MCAT. I find TPR's structure very hard to follow, since all the paragraphs are put together, just one big block of writing.

Aamc's structure is much better, separating paragraph's with spaces. I'm assuming the MCAT will be like the practice aamc's on TPR's website?

I was just wondering if anyone remembers the way the verbal passages were presented on the MCAT. I find TPR's structure very hard to follow, since all the paragraphs are put together, just one big block of writing.

Aamc's structure is much better, separating paragraph's with spaces. I'm assuming the MCAT will be like the practice aamc's on TPR's website?

the format is exactly like the practice tests on the aamc website - which I think you have looked at from your post(?).

There was definitely paragraph separation for me :)

Yes, definite paragraph separation. The lines aren't numbered though (not that you need it). I've just found in some formats, some companies will number the each line of the passage.

Also, in the TPR passages that I've seen, the paragraphs are separated by spaces. But I've been using their workbooks. I dunno what their online tests look like.

Has anyone reading this thread used the free TPR test on their website? Do they provide a score for you once complete? I didn't want to write it because I was afraid that after committing 5 hours to the test, they would get me to sign up for one of their courses before releasing the results of my test. Or something like that.

That's a relief! Thanks guys.

The online structure of TPR verbal passages has no spaces between paragraphs, although each new paragraph is indented.

@Shin, try calling TPR? They might tell you whether or not you get score without signing up.

I did that free test last year. They will give you your scores without signing up for anything. You might have to give your e-mail or something, but no money. Also, they gave me a free token to mark my writing sample essays as well. Not sure if they still do that or not.

Archived