Premed 101 Forums

2-year nursing programs

I'm looking into some 2-yr nursing programs. I want to practice rural medicine, and I think that being a nurse practitioner would give me almost the same scope of practice. Also, it would give me great insight into the field, and I can continue applying to meds if I wish.

So....

Does anyone have a list of the 2-yr programs available in Canada?

All I know of at the moment is:

-UBC

-U of A

-MUN

I'm not super worried about my GPA because it's fine at the moment. BUT if anyone has info on how attainable decent marks are, that would be great. It would give me an idea of how much time I can spend on ECs. I've heard negative reviews on this site of the MUN program, and I'm wondering if anyone else has insight into other programs.

Also, Western, Mac, UofT and (I think) York all have two year nursing programs for people who have already completed an undergrad. You may need a few prereqs for some of then (like stats, phys or anatomy). Checking out the websites should be able to clear that up for you though.

I was not aware Lethbridge even had a university! :D

It's pretty small, but it's a good school. Many of my classmates from high school went there. And Lethbridge is an awesome city! It's on my list of places I wouldn't mind living in permanently, although it's a bit bigger than most places on that list (population of about 80,000). I'm from a really small town about an hour away. :)

Archived