Premed 101 Forums

Writing meds exams this weekend?

Guest MayFlower1

Guest MayFlower1

Hello everyone,

Good luck to all you med students who are writing exams this weekend. If you're taking an exam this sunday morning, I will be conducting your SARS screening...please be sure to say hello! I'll be the guy in the St. John Ambulance uniform...

Peter

Guest aneliz

SARS screening eh??

Too bad you won't be applying next year Peter - that would be something to put on your 'expanded autobiographical sketch'!!! :lol

Guest MayFlower1

Aneliz,

You're too funny...

...on another note...SARS screening is costing a fortune in staff time and printing costs...every patient at my wife's clinic...and every person who accompanies them to an appointment has to fill out a SARS screening questionnaire...every time they enter the clinic...and then our receptionist has to look at the questionnaire and screen them in or out...it's really quite an amazing amount of effort...can you imagine how much money is being spent across Canada? Of course, it is necessary, but should the practitioner carry the burden of this or should the government provide some sort of compensation...what do you think?

Peter

Guest UofCMeds2005

Not across Canada. Here is calgary we have only had one suspected case. But, it turned out ot be false. So, we are pretty much sars free here. I have not observed any screeing or major precautionary measure. The hospitals here have a plan - just in case though. Being from Ontario and Quebec, I must say I am in awe of the Alberta Healthcare system. There is some major cash in this province. I went to the Emerg three times this year (for minor injuries) and each time I was in and out in less than 30hr - Xrays included. It is unreal! When I had a fractured spine and internal bleeding I waited 8 hrs in Ottawa (mind you they mis triaged me)

Archived