Premed 101 Forums

Go Sens

Guest UofCMeds2005

Guest UofCMeds2005

I go to uofc but the sens still have my heart. Hopefully they win and watching the games with help keep your mind off of D-Day :)

PS Peter I have not been on the board for a while but I was a previous fan of your posts. How did your interview go this year? Good luck.

Guest UWOMED2005

What hockey jersey do think I've proudly worn during playoffs the last 6 years in London and Halifax? And how much abuse from fans-of-certain-useless-teams-only-Timmymax-would-cheer-for do you think I've endured during this period? This Sens-Flyers series is rough, but I have faith the boyz will perservere and while Jersey has some defence and goaltending, Langenbrunner and Madden are not offensive superstars.

And yeah, to all of you applying to meds, get into these games to keep you distracted. If you're applying to UWO (or I hope, U of O) and you can't get into the Sens, then we don't want you anyways. :b

Vancouver-Ottawa in the finals all the way. Knock on wood, of course.

Guest UofCMeds2005

As an Ottawa native - I am a sens fan until the end. But, out west everyone is a canucks fan. It is nice to talk to someone who has actually heard of the sens. I too am looking fwd to a sens-canuck final - with Ottawa on top of course

Guest bad hombre

i too, am i diehard sens fan, having lived in ottawa (nepean west-side reprezent) for a few years.

with a little luck (and another checmanek no-show) we'll be cheering for the boyz past may 30th ;)

Guest Climbing

I am cheering on the sens too. Being in Kingston, where the other two teams steal the spot light most of the time, it is great to see the sens do well. However, I am from Vancouver and the Nucks are my number one team. So while I agree, the Nucks and Sens in the finals, I think it will be the Nucks all the way. Also if the sens get in, I might get to watch another stanley cup final game :)

T.

Guest snoopychan

As an Ottawa native and die-hard Sens fan, I would like to cast one more vote for my faithful Senators. I had the pleasure of attending games 5 in rounds 1 & 2, and if the after parties for these games are a prelude to what's to come in should the Sens reach or win the finals, then I am afraid that there is going to be a block party downtown, Canada Day style. Go Sens Go!!! If only my loyalty to the Sens deserve some merit to the U of O adcom, then I'll be attending their games at least for the next 4 years. Fingers crossed, for me and the Sens...but mostly for me

Guest UWOMED2005

Yeah, if all goes according to plan, the Sens will be in the finals just in time for my exam week. Hmm, write my exams, pass second year and move on to clerkship or skip the exams to be in Ottawa for all the excitement but then have to repeat 2nd year. Quite the dilemma.

Yeah, I'm an Ottawa Native as well, from AV - for the uninitiated, that's Alta Vista, the neighbourhood just south of the CHEO, the General Hospital and the Medical School. I used to run past the CMA, the med school and the Hospital everyday when I was in High School, and I remember pondering over whether I'd ever get the chance to work in the hospital. And I was one of them Lisgar punks back in the day.

Where in O-town y'all from?

Guest UofCMeds2005

First, I hope the sens win and if in the finals beat the canucks - as I have been trash talking a lot out west :)

Second, interestingly I too am from AV...

Guest snoopychan

UofCMeds2005: i am from Barrhaven, that's South Nepean. A growing community, only a 12 minute drive to the Corel Centre. We recently got a Dairy Queen that put us on the map. Sweet, in more ways than one. I currently have a part-time tutoring job in the Alta Vista neighbourhood, Bank and AV to be exact.

Guest snoopychan

I too have tickets to game #7 which I hope to be not necessary. That way, I can allocate funds for subsequent rounds. If it does happen, I will have a blast. Besides, the excitement and anxiety of a game 7 will prep me for May 30.

Guest UWOMED2005

Bank and AV, eh? That's a 5 minute bike-ride from my house. My parents do all their shopping at that YIG. And of course I know where Barrhaven is. Was that within the drawing area for SRB? There's a few SRB kids here at UWO, and I've worked/partied with a few others as well.

Guest snoopychan

Barrhaven was just out of reach of the SRB drawing. I was part of the Confederation crew and played on the school soccer team all 5 years, beating SRB at all our meetings.

Guest UWOMED2005

Confed, eh? Isn't that Bryan Adams' alma mater?

Me, I was a rugby guy, and in the OBE. Never met Confed.

Guest misagh

Fellow Ottawa resident here... I live in Manotick, just next door to Barrhaven. In fact, it's a little known fact that Confed was also Tom Cruise's former high school. His dad worked for the military I believe, and that forced him to move around a lot as a kid. Turns out his real name isn't Tom Cruise, but I'm sure we all knew that... :)

Guest UWOMED2005

Yeah - I think his Dad still lives in Ottawa, but Cruise is completely estranged from the guy. I can't remember the whole story.

Back to the Sens. . . not a bad game last night. Just NJ now and we'll have a Canadian team in the finals! Knock on wood of course.

Apparently Hitchcock (the Flyers coach) was suggesting after the game there might be a new dynasty in the east, considering the way the Sens have been playing these playoffs and the fact the team is so young that they could be together for a while if the Sens play things right. I'll wait to see how the playoffs go but it's an interesting argument.

Guest UofCMeds2005

I am very excited about the sens making it to the east coast finals. Hopefully, they will have to play Van and I will be able to fly to the games - I love student loans :) How am I ever going to study for my endocrine exam and damn that OSCE I have this week.

Archived