Premed 101 Forums

AAMC Practice PS not reflective of the real thing?

blending_in

In my opinion, the practice tests are exactly reflective of the real thing. It's just that the conditions under which anyone practices are not reflective of the real thing. When you write the real deal, odds are you're going to be more stressed out, and that may make it seem tougher.

Some people get a higher score on test day than they did while practicing because the added pressure makes them focus better, and some people do slightly worse on test day because nerves affected them a bit. I don't think the tests themselves are that different though...

EDIT: On september 7th, when my score is released, odds are I'll be on here crying about how the practice tests didn't prepare me at all :D

^ I get my score on the 7th too! Hopefully it will be the last time we write this god forsaken test...

I really hope I could waste $250 dollars =)

Best of luck to ya! I'm terrified for VR... I was so consistent with my science sections leading up to test day that I just feel like that's probably what I'll get... VR was erratic though...

In my opinion, the practice tests are exactly reflective of the real thing. It's just that the conditions under which anyone practices are not reflective of the real thing. When you write the real deal, odds are you're going to be more stressed out, and that may make it seem tougher.

Some people get a higher score on test day than they did while practicing because the added pressure makes them focus better, and some people do slightly worse on test day because nerves affected them a bit. I don't think the tests themselves are that different though...

I found this to be the case. The PS scores that I got on my practice tests were basically what I got on the real MCAT.

Archived