Premed 101 Forums

One year Master's degrees

I really need a plan B in case I don't get into any medical school, I thought a one year masters degree would be most logical since it's a step forward, I don't want a two year masters degree because I want to apply next year in case I don't get in and University of western Ontario (school I'm going to) doesn't let you apply to med school in the middle of a master's degree.

There was an old topic of the same but I looked at those programs but the info is 4 years outdated, the thread also went off topic as people suggested another undergrad degree to improve the topic starter's GPA, I hope this will not be the case here, so please don't get off track.

my average is 85%, omsas GPA of 3.695 as I'm going into 4th year. I have research experience, still hoping to publish a paper by the end of this year, the manuscript is done and the abstract has been presented at two conferences. I think I'll have the requirements for most grad programs, I just need suggestions on which ones are 1 year/course based. Personal experience you'd like to share would be awesome as well, cheers :D

Archived