Premed 101 Forums

Sept. 11th writers

CaptainCrunchMan

• Replies 78
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Since I am just going to be applying to Mac, I don't think it matters to attempt or not. They probably will be raising their eyebrows on a number of things on my application anyways... such as my age, not having enough volunteer experiences, out of school for 10 years and so on. I believe very strongly that if something is destined to happen it will and if I am lucky enough I'll get in whether the application or my scores are poor. I had applied 8 years back and at that time, my application was superb with good references , experiences etc but I wasn't even invited for an interview. I am just giving it a last shot.

Much luck to you, I admire your perseverance!

same here. gonna rewrite end of jan. is it just me or was the verbal really long? the AAMC practice passages are definitely shorter...normally I finish with a couple minutes to spare, but on this one I just put A as the answer for all the questions in the last passage cause I only had 10 seconds left! and that bio passage on strep throat confused me.

verbal was mind blowing

same here. gonna rewrite end of jan. is it just me or was the verbal really long? the AAMC practice passages are definitely shorter...normally I finish with a couple minutes to spare, but on this one I just put A as the answer for all the questions in the last passage cause I only had 10 seconds left! and that bio passage on strep throat confused me.

i loved bio section minus o chem

Haha that's a lot better than me when I first wrote the test. I didn't have chance to put down ANY answers for an entire passage... and ended up with a 7 :mad:

Haha that's a lot better than me when I first wrote the test. I didn't have chance to put down ANY answers for an entire passage... and ended up with a 7 :mad:

did any of you guys get an orgo passage on DCC? (preserving chirality in aa)

haha I learned that in orgo class and i was like thankkk godd!! but im guessing it was a bit tough for some of you?

Easy Physical Sciences/

Really long Verbal/

Bio was unexpectedly hard... Blew by the discretes but the passages took forever since majority were experimentals, especially the Org Passage

felt the same. I thought Verbal was kinda tough but then again I always suck at verbal so it didn't feel any different lol. But Bio/o-chem....didn't feel too good about that one :(

felt good about WS though!

I was one of the people that had to wait till like 2:30 to start the test b/c our computers in room C didnt work :(.

So when i got to verbal, everyone was already on WS mashing their keyboards, making it extra difficult to concentrate :(

that sucks

i had a little hard time concentrating since everybody was button mashing for the WS too.

luckily i had practiced one of the prompts already

I wrote on the 11th as well and I totally agree with the previous posts the vr passages were so long! I kept thinking wow the next one must be short if they are making this one so long!

And I thought the organic chem was hard.. everything else was easy except i did run short of time on the physical sciences section!

I wrote on the 11th as well and I totally agree with the previous posts the vr passages were so long! I kept thinking wow the next one must be short if they are making this one so long!

And I thought the organic chem was hard.. everything else was easy except i did run short of time on the physical sciences section!

omg I'm glad I wasn't the only one...I just thought I screwed up the orgo/didn't study enough or smthg...and yeah i did run a bit short on time for PS too. hopefully we all do well!

• 4 weeks later...

Archived