Premed 101 Forums

Ahhhh Ottawa..

Guest MACFORME

Guest MACFORME

Hey guys

So I left my hometown of Toronto for Ottawa yesterday.. It was my luck to get a 289 dollar speeding ticket on the way there since I was dumb enough to be on 'cruise' at a speed of 140 in broad daylight on the 401. Anyhow, I was sure to drive no faster than 115 after getting the ticket :)

I arrived in Ottawa during the early hours of the evening. Had a big meal and went straight to bed.

My interview was this morning, and it went well. All questions about me. No ethics at all. Also, no current events, except for SARS. I was interviewed by current french Dean of Medicine, x-French Dean of medicine, and a very cool student. So it was quite intimidating, but still fun. One of the interviewers kept trying to throw me off by asking follow ups, but I kept my cool.

Interstingly they DID NOT ask me why medicine, why ottawa, what residency, etc. I had to bring it in myself as the interview progressed.

Questions were very general:

1) Tell us about ure education

2) What if you dont get in

3) Do you follow current events, if so, then how, and then they brought up SARS

4) What do you do for fun

5) Who is your role model

6) 3 strenghts, 1 weakness

7) tell us about ure research

8) tell us about ure experiences with the developmentally challenged

9) Link your Economics education with problems of our health care system

10) Comment on the Romanow report

etc.

Nothing to worry about. I was very relaxed. They cut me off a few times and were agressive but it didnt throw me off.

All the best for Thursday interviewees. Take care.

Archived