Premed 101 Forums

Sept 2 MCAT

K-Doc

I just wanted to write about my experience of the MCAT today-definitely not my day today. Started by trying to find the testing center within Metrotown, which is the biggest mall in BC if you haven't heard of it. After finally finding it, I arrived at about 7:40am (after being worried I was going to be late) Yeah, maybe I should have checked out the location, but w.e I got there and everything seemed okay right? Well when I got there, I had to wait in a line as they signed people in which is normal. But then one of the administrators made a mistake and put someone else's picture under my name. Then they had to call the AAMC people, which got majorly delayed. I ended up not starting til like 8:30am, 30 minutes after the last person to start, some had started an hour before me... Anyways after that fiasco, I started the PS. On the third passage, my computer froze... and I had to wait 10 minutes to get a new computer and it was another 5 minutes before I could actually start again. Anywho, I also ended up taking the wrong skytrain back towards home, so it clearly wasn't my day. Just thought I would share that before I discuss what I thought of each section so you can take what I say with a grain of salt.

PS-I thought this section was really fair. Reflective of the practice questions and if you studied your stuff, it was doable.

VR-First 2 passages were pretty good, after that, all hell broke loose. I think I just lost my composure because I worried I was going to run out of time, so that really messed me up. Really upset at myself over this one, but I thought the passages after the first two were quite difficult, but I'd like to hear what others thought. Definitely harder and longer than the practice tests.

WS-I really liked both prompts and I feel I was able to write 2 good essays.

BS-First four passages were great and all the non-passage questions were fine. Passages 5-7 = WTF... totally unreflective of the practice tests... Really long and full of experimental details and abstract information. I felt these were by far the three hardest passages I had dealt with before and who knows what will happen! Did anyone else find the last three really hard? I felt as though it turned into a verbal reasoning of genetics and that bio knowledge didn't really help.

Anyways, I would really like to know what others thought! Hope it went better for everyone else =)

That's too bad you had so many difficulties!! I found the test today pretty comparable to the practice exams. I thought that the PS section was the hardest, but that's also my weakest area. I was so happy there wasn't much ochem in the BS section haha! All in all I feel OK about it, just have to wait and see! What did you guys think?

I just wanted to write about my experience of the MCAT today-definitely not my day today. Started by trying to find the testing center within Metrotown, which is the biggest mall in BC if you haven't heard of it. After finally finding it, I arrived at about 7:40am (after being worried I was going to be late) Yeah, maybe I should have checked out the location, but w.e I got there and everything seemed okay right? Well when I got there, I had to wait in a line as they signed people in which is normal. But then one of the administrators made a mistake and put someone else's picture under my name. Then they had to call the AAMC people, which got majorly delayed.

congratulations on finishing the exam! summer time starts NOW! quick question though,

is there free parking ? [i guess i shouldn't ask this as nothing is free in BC]. I meant where can you park? I still need to scout the place before I write.... what's the condition like? do you get ur own cubicles etc?

congratulations on finishing the exam! summer time starts NOW! quick question though,

is there free parking ? [i guess i shouldn't ask this as nothing is free in BC]. I meant where can you park? I still need to scout the place before I write.... what's the condition like? do you get ur own cubicles etc?

Thanks Ricewine-Although I wish I could have finished on a positive note! :P Yes, the parking is free @ Metro. You can park anywhere in the mall. There's tons of parking. The place is in the "office galleria" in Cambridge College (on the 4th floor). The conditions are pretty good since you get your own cubicle and you have the options of headphones. However, I found it a little muggy in there but it was probably just me. Also, I think some of the computers are slower than others. The first one I was on was really slow and like I said in the above post, it crashed. She said that if everyone had showed up to the test date, I would have had to wait for my computer to be fixed, and maybe even sent home if it didn't work after that. Best of luck to you and hopefully you don't have to experience what I went through :)

So for me I felt :

The PS was SUPER fair. This is usually my worst section but I was so happy with what we were given. I'm glad there was essentially no physics theory as that;s what I bomb!!!

VR was good. First 5 passages were easy to read, last 2 were wordy and lengthy. I'm glad I had 30min for the last 2; used like 20 min for just those two!

WS: prompts were good. Felt I had solid examples.

BS: HARD. The ochem was easy and fair, but I definitely felt this was one of the hardest BS exams in a while. I agree that the first four were fine but the last two were not =/. I had to do a lot of reading before finally understanding it. I'm not as happy here.

Oh well!

VR was good. First 5 passages were easy to read, last 2 were wordy and lengthy. I'm glad I had 30min for the last 2; used like 20 min for just those two!

You have some mad verbal reasoning skills! You must have done really well. Do you normally score really well on this section?

You have some mad verbal reasoning skills! You must have done really well. Do you normally score really well on this section?

Yes, it's usually my best section. I wrote the exam last year and scored a 12, but I doubt i'll get that again (my practice was all 10 or 11). I rewrote because I got a 11 in PS, 9 in bio =(. Bio isn't looking so hot this year again!!!

• 1 month later...
Scores are up.

FUK **** **** **** FUK MY LIFE THEY CURVED IT DOWN!

I NEEDED THIS APP TO WORK.

Guess that hard physics passage wasn't experimental...

Guys I need someone to comfort me. I don't know what to do with my life now. This is my third time applying and I just want to give up now.

Marks are not up; find something better to do with your time. I can't believe you created an account just to post this...

well theyre up for me I got an 7.

amcas.jpg

my verification code in case you want to know is GZTZ-EMM6-DBLA-8TQ4

before you open your stpid mouth accusing of trolling u better take a look at the facts that i am in a bad mood

I totally feel your pain bro. If you makes you feel any better, I had a 7 on VR on my first MCAT =)

Wait a minute... you said its your third time applying and yet you only have records for 1 MCAT? Care to explain?

well theyre up for me I got an 7.

amcas.jpg

my verification code in case you want to know is GZTZ-EMM6-DBLA-8TQ4

before you open your stpid mouth accusing of trolling u better take a look at the facts that i am in a bad mood

I wish I could get a 12 in VR and a T in the writing sample. :o

Hey guys?

has everyone's score for sep 2 exam been released yet?

Mines hasn't and its really really pissing me off coz I have my CRNE on 6 OCt and I really need to study instead of hitting refresh every second................................::mad: :mad: :mad:

Archived