Premed 101 Forums

YOrk University Health Studies

Hi, i've been looking for some information about the Health Studies (Health Management or Health Policy) Program at York university, i have been considering it as my second undergrad to boost my GPA, has anyone done this program? how are the courses like, is it very writing/essay oriented? because i tend to do well on knowledge or application based instead of writing based evaluation because basically i think that we should not be evaluated on what is not being taught in the classes which is essay writing skills. Anyways... Is it a good program to look into grade wise in general?

Any information would be helpful.

(First Undergrad = BSc. Psychology Minor Biology, first two years GPA very embarasing due to to life circumstances, 3rd year, 3.8 although it cannot be considered for med schools because i did one half course in the summer so it wasnt full time. but the grades were without any extreme efforts..like i would want to put into my second undergrad or if i decide to do my fourth year and a 5th special year, if i cant decide on second undergrad degree)

Hi there,

Working on 2nd degree at York (Kine). To help you out a little (don't know much) yes the program has some essay heavy courses belonging under core requirements. The program itself is not popular at all and truth be told not that many students in faculty of health know about this program. As for GPA boost I wouldn't recommend it, but then again this is personal opinion. Another reason I don't recommend this program is its lack of research opportunity.

Hope this helps.

Archived