Premed 101 Forums

3-year program or Third year in a 4-year program?

I am a third year student and am in the process of completing my OMSAS information. I am in a 4-year degree in Biochem and Neuroscience but am set up to graduate with a 3-year concentrated in Biology (just in case I am accepted to Dal). With this set-up, I can basically put in either into my application.

My question is: Do you think Ottawa would prefer to see a three year Bio or third year in my four year program? Or would they not really care either way? Any suggestions are appreciated.

Thanks

EC89

It doesn't matter at all. However, at Laurentian, we have our program indicated directly on our transcripts. If it is the same case at your university, then you definitely need to be consistent with what appears on your transcript. Call your registrar if you're unsure of which program you are officially registered in.

It doesn't matter at all. However, at Laurentian, we have our program indicated directly on our transcripts. If it is the same case at your university, then you definitely need to be consistent with what appears on your transcript. Call your registrar if you're unsure of which program you are officially registered in.

Ahh... that's a good point. Our program is on the transcript too, I will keep it consistent. Thanks for the insight.

EC89

Archived