Premed 101 Forums

Is there something I should do?

Guest misagh

Guest misagh

Hello hello!

Bear with me please folks...

Does your place of residence have any bearing on acceptance after the interviewing stage? I would intuitively say 'no'... And, are there less out of province students in the first year class?

For some reason I thought there were less OOP students, and that this was due to the higher cutoffs (to get to the interview stage)... of course, i could be totally off the mark... any thoughts?

There's a reason I ask...

I'm aware that certain interview days at Ottawa U are set aside for out of province interviews. My interview had been rescheduled for one of these days, but I am an Ottawa resident. I'm wondering if it's possible that somehow my interviewers/adcoms would believe me to also be an out of province applicant? Or, is my place of residence mentioned in the materials given to the interviewers/adcoms/people making the ultimate decision? And if for some reason it was believed that I was out of province, would that affect my admission chances in any way?

Yes yes, I know I'm probably making a mountain out of a mole hill, but alas, such is the nature of an anxious pre-med student. And if it's something that needs to be clarified with the school, I'd like to do so...

Thanks for your patience. :)

misagh,

When I went for my interview (I'm an OOP and I went on one of the OOP interview days), I think there were a few students from Ontario (and possibly Ottawa) area there. So I don't think that it is exclusive. Just let them know you are an Ottawa resident when you get there! Good luck!

Meghan

Hey misagh

Once you get an interview your place of recidence does not matter. We have students from all over Canada in my class. As you may have noticed less OOP partly because of the high OOP cut offs and partly because many OOP with their great stats get into their home province schools as well (which are much much less expensive than Ontario schools). Don't worry too much (I know easier say than done :)

Sil

Archived