Premed 101 Forums

Grad vs. Undergrad

Guest FrenchyMed

Guest FrenchyMed

I am confused.

I hold a master's of engineering (completed in 2001). I applied to Ottawa, but was considered under the undergrad category. I don't have a problem with this as I got an interview.

My question is this:

who decides if you are to be considered under the grad or undergrad category?

If (God forbid) I don't get in this year and reapply next year, am I going to be considered an undergrad still?

FrenchyMed

you are only put into the grad category if you do not meet the undergrad cut-offs...since your undergrad GPA was high enough than they will grant you an interview on that basis...

say next year, the cut-off increases beyond your GPA, they will consider you as a grad applicant as long as your undergrad GPA is higher than B+, and your grad record is A

Cheers

Guest MayFlower1

FrencyMed,

NBer hit the nail on the head. I have a Master's degree (Experimental Psychology, Perception/Human Factors background) with marks more than adequate to make the undergrad cut threshold...at least for the past two years anyway. I haven't been in university for about 12 years...I applied last year and was evaluated as an undergrad...same thing this year. I believe your graduate work is a bonus, unless of course, you don't make the WGPA minimum (which you obviously did do as you have an interview).

Good luck in your interview. By the way...when is it? Did you apply to the francophone program?

Peter

Guest FrenchyMed

Thanks guys!

Peter -

I'm applying to the French program and my interview is on April 2nd. I'm from the region and completed my undergrad here. Thank God my undergrad GPA made the cut-off because my grad GPA is below the cut-off (I think I have A- / A).

I know your interview is on Friday. I'll send you positive brain waves! :D

Good Luck!

FrenchyMed

Guest MayFlower1

FrenchyMed,

Merci beaucoup. Je me sens préparé à mon entrevue. Je ne peux pas attendre pour être fini. J'espère que je pourrai communiquer les bonnes choses aux interviewers.

Je vous souhaite la bonne chance aussi!

Pierre Colline (aka Peter Hill ;) )

Guest FrenchyMed

Pierre Colline-

now that's hilarious!

I'm glad to see that you have not lost your sense of humour despite the fact that your interview is tomorrow.

Je te souhaite merde! pour demain.

Anne-Marie aka FrenchyMed

Guest martyb

Hi everyone

I thought you grads might be finding out about interviews later than the undergrads did. Are any of you interested in mock interviews? I just found out about my interview and it's in just over a week.

Thanks!

marty

Archived