Premed 101 Forums

Interview Score

Guest swimmer

Guest swimmer

For each interview day,

does Ottawa have to follow a normal distribution or something? for example, suppose the max score you could get was a 4, and there were 6 people being interview....do the interviewers have to give out two 4's, a 3.8, a 3.7, and then two 3.5's?

OR, can they give all 6 people a perfect score for the interview?

thanks!

Guest UOMeds05

As far as I know, and I am quite certain at that, that they do not follow any preformed distribution. I believe that at the end of each interview day, there is a sort of debriefing of the days interviews. There are no preset quotas that i am aware of.

*i have changed the wording of my post as i don't want to be providing any misinformation...

Guest Tanya24

Yikes, that is not what I expected to read. I had heard that interviewers fill out the form and have to hand it over right away. I didn't realize they all get together and talk about us at the end of the day. I suppose that's an even better approach, though. More objective, perhaps. Thanks again, UOMeds, for the valuable insider info you've provided. T.

Guest UOMeds05

To be perfectly honest, i don't know EXACTLY how things are done. The interviewers likely hand in an evaluation immediately following the interview, however, it is my understanding that everything is rehashed at the end of the day.

It sounds quite fair, this way the first interview of the day isn't at any advantage/disadvantage and so on.

Archived