Premed 101 Forums

Anyone around on April 2nd??

Guest FrenchyMed

Guest FrenchyMed

I have my Ottawa U interview on the morning of Wednesday April 2nd. I live in Ottawa so I won't have the privilege of billeting. :(

So, I'm wondering if any current med student or wannabe (like me) will be around and would like to go for coffee or something ...

I won't bite, unless you want me to!

FrenchyMed

Guest UOMeds05

Hey FrenchyMed,

congrats on the interview... Most of the first and second year med students should be around on the 2nd. A lot of us try and make ourselves available during the day, and hang out in the Atrium where all the interviewees congregate before and after their interviews. We will see you there!!!

If you have any questions though, since you aren't billeting you should take advantage of the list of students that Ottawa provided you with. Anyone of us would be more than happy to try and answer what we can.

Best of luck in April!!

Hi UOMeds05!

I actually have a quick question. Do parents usually wait around in the atrium or do they leave while their son/daughter are in the interview? Also, do parents go to the info session and tour, or is that just applicants? My mom is dropping me off - I'd love for her to stick around and see stuff, but I also don't want to be the only person with my mom!! :D

Thanks

Guest Tanya24

LOL. That is EXACTLY what I was thinking about, too. My mom wants to come with me (rather than sitting alone at the airport), but I didn't want to be the only one there with a parent. My interview is in March. Hmm... exactly 2 weeks away to be exact. FRET. Good luck everyone.

Guest UOMeds05

Hi DHP and Tanya,

Although parents aren't too often there, last year there definitely were a couple of interviewees that had parents with them. They are definitely more than welcome as far as i know. At the tour and info session as well.

i think that it is great to have the support, my only advice is not to let having someone with you a)make you more nervous b)take away from the experience of seeing it all and c) don't let it hinder you from interacting with the other applicants (possibly your future classmates) or existing meds. The whole experience is really a lot of fun.

That brings me to the last part i guess. Don't stress it... you will see, it basically this big conversation... the subject: you.

Try not to sweat it, and enjoy... if you don't get too hyped you will just be yourself and that is who they want to see... you'll be back on the site in a few weeks talking about what a piece of cake the whole thing was....

Best of luck.

Guest Tasha000

DHP and Tanya,

I had my mommy there last year, and it was great! She made sure I didn't have anything stuck in my teeth, told me if I looked neat, and gave me a hug for good luck before I went in! :D

And yes, there were some other parents there, so don't feel geeky. But I think Meds05 had a good point...make sure you take the opportunity to see what the school has to offer. This can be difficult if you have a parent waiting for you. But if your mom is cool with walking and talking a bit, bring her along!

Good luck

Tasha

Meds 06

Archived