Premed 101 Forums

THANK-YOU!

Guest MayFlower1

Guest MayFlower1

M, V, J,

Thank you SO much for taking time to meet with misaugh, carletongirl, stargirl, melissa, tappety tap and I yesterday. The mock interviews were AMAZINGLY conducted and INCREDIBLY helpful. Based on my interview experience last year...they were also very realistic. Please also personally extend our thanks to "psych" (I don't know what moniker he uses here) for participating as an interviewer as well as it doesn't sound like he'd get this message otherwise. M, it was great to meet you in person...I sincerely appreciate the fact that you took time to be there...it was incredibly helpful to get your perspective on being a candidate at our cane-bearing age...and yes...you were right...you are freakishly tall... ;)

Aside from all of the other stuff that's great about UofO...I think one of the best kept "secrets" might just be the quality and strength of the students...their support for one another and how they foster an amazing interpersonal culture at the school. I am saddened by the fact that I didn't have the opportunity to be in your class...but I'm sure that the quality of my classmates...if I ever get in darnit...will be just as incredible if they're anything like the candidates at the mock interviews yesterday. I had an extremely pleasant day with all of you.

As I mentioned to you after the group debriefing yesterday, I would like (when I'm back from my trip) to have the four of you as well as stargirl, melissa, carletongirl, misaugh and tappety tap over to my place for snacks, drinks, etc., as a token of my appreciation for your support and effort. As you may remember...good munchies...a few wicked martinis and great people are sure to contribute to a fun filled evening...besides that, can med students really afford to pass up free grub anyway?

Please talk to your classmates, figure out a couple of potential dates that work for you guys...email or call me with suggestions...and we'll figure something out. I'll coordinate the candidate side.

Thanks again...I'll be thinking of all of you as I sip on a "coco loco" or cuba libre in the terribly hot and punishing sand! :\

Peter

Guest tappety tap

Hi everyone,

I also wanted to extend my sincere thanks (but Peter beat me to it!) to the med students (you know who you are!)who took the time out of their busy schedules to conduct the mocks and give us such helpful feedback. I really found it to be an excellent preparation. I had to leave before the debriefing so unfortunately I didn't get a chance to thank all of you in person. (I had left my new boyfriend with my parents....as MM said he probably got grilled with Q's more than I did! haha!) Anyways, if I am able to be in town, I will definitely attend the "party" at Peter's place....it's a great idea! Thanks again for your kindess and help.

Melissa

AHH, I typed out this big thing and then it got erased while i was sending it!!! Noo!

Oh well, I'll have to content myself with this short spiel:

To V, M, J, and the tall fellow in the red sweater that I didn't really meet... Thank you all from the bottom of my heart! Peter touched on something key when he mentioned one of the hidden strengths of the med school here in Ottawa is the caring and helpful nature of its students. Bravo!

To my fellow interviewees... just like the med students we met yesterday, you're all gonna make PHAT physicians some day!! No doubt about it!

And, I think it would be a great idea to take up Peter on his offer to pig out on munchies at his place, and enjoy the great company!! I'd love to see u all again! Peter, "if you organize it, they will come..."

- Misagh

Guest carletongirl

Well what can I say! Tappety tap, Mayflower and Misaugh beat me to it. Thanks again to all of the med students for helping us out yesterday. It was a truly enjoyable experience and I look forward to meeting all of you again soon!

I think that yesterday really helped convince me that U of O is the best place for me to be studying medicine, with such a friendly environment, a diverse student body and the balance between learning in the classroom and PBL. Definitely something no other school can provide.

Hopefully I will have the chance to be part of the same class as the my fellow med candidates that I met yesterday. It will be an amazing learning environment if you are there!

Guest stargirl

I pick (E) all of the above...oops, I'm in study mode...I mean, yes, I agree with everything the others have said (they took the words right out of my mouth - that's what I get for not logging on here until 5pm today) - but all that aside, I'm sure it can't be said enough: THANKS for taking the time out of your hectic schedules to do us such a huge service!!

Guest UOMeds06

Hey everyone,

What can I say? I'm glad you all enjoyed the experience. After having gone through this myself with a friend of mine in the meds 05 class last year, I hope that when you guys get in, that you'll think of the next group of premeds and will conduct the same for them. I'm sure that you'll all do well from what I saw this past weekend. Best of luck to all of you and I'll see you at Peter's!

UOMeds06

Guest carletongirl

Hi Misagh,

I was going to email you the case study info that you asked for last Saturday. But I just realized that I don't have your email addy. You have mine, so email me when you get a chance and I will email you the info.

Carletongirl

Guest carletongirl

Hi guys,

One of the questions that I think all of us got asked on our mock (besides "Why do you want to be a doctor?") was "What would your friends say are your 3 greatest and worst qualities?"

I found that one a bit tough, especially finding good weaknesses (i.e. ones that are real and don't sound stupid). So I emailed a bunch of my friends and asked them the question without telling them what it was for. I've received a few responses so far and it is amazing how much insight they have given me. I should definitely be able to answer that question now. If you guys are having the same problem, maybe you should try my method ; )

Hello Carletongirl!

I'll definately e-mail you soon about that info, thanks very much!!! You're money!

And, that's a great suggestion, asking your friends directly about that question... perhaps it's something I should do, although I'm almost afraid to get the responses! :eek

Anyways, take care of yourself, and hope to see you at Peter's shindig!

Archived