Premed 101 Forums

From Ottawa now in Toronto

Guest bj

Hi,

I was wondering if the moderators could help with this: I grew up in the Ottawa area, but am currently living in Toronto (while working full-time). Would they consider me an Ottawa resident or a rest-of-Ontario resident? I would really like to move back to Ottawa once my husband is done school. . .

I am just short of the rest-of-Ontario cut-offs. Would it be worthwhile to write/call?

007 Hopeful

Guest UOMeds05

Hi BJ,

Your place of residence is determined by your Permanent Address. So for example if you have a parent in Ottawa and used that as your permenant residence than you will be considered from Ottawa. If you once lived here but are now in TO and TO is the address you used, than i think you will fall in the "rest of ontario" category.

It probably would never hurt to call and make sure, but i am not sure that there is anything that can be changed now. You may have peace of mind by looking into it.

Best of luck.

Thanks. I called Admissions to clarify the situation. Hopefully it isn't too late. . .

I agree that either way, this will help give me some piece of mind. It would just be a shame for a silly error like this to make such a huge difference.

I appreciate the advice.

BJ

Archived