Premed 101 Forums

10 more seats?

Guest wf

Does anyone know when we find out if Ottawa gets more seats? I know it's sometime in the middle of the summer, but I was wondering if anyone knew anything else.

Also, those of us on the "bad" waitlist, should we be expecting our final rejection letter soon?

Not to sound negative...just wondering.

Not quite sure, but in years past, the additional seats were official in mid-august. I had a friend get into U of T 2 weeks before O-week. He had to defer, cause he had already registered for the next year.

If you can't get a hold of med admissions, you could always try the Ministry of Colleges and Universities and speak to the medical education department. I have no idea if they know, or will tell you, but I thought this would give you another avenue of approach.

Best of luck, and I hope things work out.

I don't know if it is a good idea to post this message so please forgive me if you think I should not have.

On July 29, 134 (out of 123!) seats were already filled. The 10 or so extra spots are probably already filled. For people who was still waiting, please forgive me for announcing the bad news. I believe it's now time to be realistic and move on. Focus on this years application.

Having the class compisite in front of me, I see some wierd things:

There is no Justin Tellemore! (I knew it!)

These 2 personalities were probably invented. Justin T. was a stategy to learn about the profile of accepted students. "Tanyapple" may not even exist since there's no Tanya in the class list. I would be very surprised if somebody was been accepted off the bad waiting list since I know people on he good waiting list still waiting.

Anyways,

T

I appreciate some downright honesty (finally....who is this tanyapple?) but isin't the 10 or so programme nationale spots above and beyond the 123?

Thanks again tuti.

Guest Melissa13

Sil,

I sent you an email explaining where he got it from...I don't think there is any need to broadcast it here with the entire class's first and last names on it...

Guest tutifruiti

There is only one way I could have got the class composite that soon. Really again, sorry for deceiving anyone. I didn't intend to be direct: my English is not good enough to let me say things in a more gentle and subtle way!

Hey Melissa and Sil! I believe you both were in 3rd year nursing: do you happen to know Emilie S.? (o.

to WF:

Also if there are 131 people on the list I imagine this include the 2 Saudi Arabian students above quota (their government pays for their education) as well as the National program students. But then again I don't know.

Guest just wondering

tutifruiti,

Have you received the orientation package? Is that why you've got the class composite?

I'm still waiting for the package....

I agree it may be abit crazy but what I did was to edit the financial aid session reservation page. I won't post the link here since other people may disagree with it. If I knew we would receive the class composite by mail I would never have done it!! Anyways I am still wainting for the package!

Archived