Premed 101 Forums

Peter and Mr. Rader, about Ottawa

Guest Beaver

Guest Beaver

Hey guys:

I was wondering if you nice Ottawaonions could tell me about about good places to good white water rafting in the Ottawa?

My old girlfriend and I are thinking about driving up there this month for a some fun camping and rafting. Any ideas guys.....I've got to get out of this pollution cesspool we like to call Toronto!!!

thanks guys, take care

Beaver

Guest PeterHill0501

Monsieur Castor,

First of all...if you come to Ottawa I hope you will include an evening or afternoon to get together to actually meet!

With respect to whitewater rafting...hmmm...I'll have to ask one of my friends...I actually haven't ever gone whitewater rafting...although I'd like to sometime.

I'll get back to you on the WWR...

That being said, there are plenty of other really great things to do...if you blade...I'd plan on bringing them...lots of wonderful paths to blade on. Lots of excellent restaurents...

What do you like to do other than rafting? Let me know...I'm sure I'll have a few ideas...

Peter

Guest therealcrackers

Sorry to jump in (I'm a classmate of Mr. Rader's at UWO), but another of our classmates (animigan) is the white-water rapids kayaker at Owl Rafting, about 2 hours up the river at Forester's Falls, just near Hwy 41 and Hwy 17. (I think he's the guy who stays in the rapids most of the day in case there's a problem with the novices coming through in the big rubber boats.) There's also Wilderness Tours about 5 minutes away from there, offering pretty much the same thing. Hope that helps.

Crackers UWO MEDS 1

Guest UWOMED2005

Yeah, the Ottawa river northwest of Ottawa (up towards Pembroke) has a number of whitewater rafting/kayaking places (and a classmate, erdnA works at one of them.) In fact, I've heard it's the 2nd best whitewater rafting in North America - I used to billet British rugby teams during the summers of High School (with the Ottawa "Beavers" rugby club, kind of ironic. . .) and the one thing they'd consistently book was a trip to go rafting.

Sadly, I've never made it out myself. . . but I'm sure you can find something on Google, or follow dr. crackers's suggestions.

Guest PeterHill0501

Beave...email me and I'll send you my cell phone number...I'd love to link up with you and the Mrs. Beave when you get into town...click on my login name to get my email address...

Peter

Guest James Wong

Hey Beav,

I`ve done some WWR up on the Ottawa River....I`d definitely recommend Owl Rafting over all the others. The differences are subtle but from what I`ve been told, it`s enough to make you experience a little more enjoyable with them.

Hope you enjoy it.

James

Guest Former Ottawa Resident

Where the Ottawa River meets the Rouge River (about 40 mins outside of Ottawa) there are a few good rafting companies.

Try Eau Vive or Nouveau Monde.

Archived