Premed 101 Forums

Housing help

Guest suki

Hi,

I am from Toronto...older 28 looking for an "older roommate - quiet male or female...or good advice about where to find an affordable (not basement) bachelor. Important note: I have a cat...who I can't part with..she is friendly and interesting to watch (She has OCD..no joking).

hi suki,

the admissions office is sharing email addresses of people who are looking for roommates in september's class. you can ask to be added to it. there are a few grad students on the list already.

Guest missmed06

I know that there is quite a bit of a housing shortage in Ottawa right now, but if anyone could help me out with any contacts for a place to live, I'd appreciate it. I'm willing to share with others (I'm easy to get along with) or move in by myself. I've tried a lot of places so far (including Ottawa U housing web pages) but everything seems to be taken....so if you're looking for a roomate or for someone to share with, or else know of someone who wants to rent, PLEASE post it here/email me. THANK YOU!

missmed06@hotmail.com

• 2 weeks later...

Hi there,

I have a friend who is currently looking for a roommate. She's a Ph.D student and her place is about a 5 minute drive from the medical school. There's are two bus-stops on and near the street as well.

If you'd like more information, please let me know and I'll pass on your details to her.

Thanks!

cfan@storm.ca

Guest suki

Hi,

I spent two days looking for a place in Ottawa over the past couple of days. The best I could find was a 2 bdrm apt...10 min walk from Health Sciences Campus. $500/month all inclusive. I now need a roommate, if anybody is interested you can call 416-927-1272.

Where is this place?

You should post this ad with the U of O admissions office. Like Tash said in an earlier post, they will add you to a list of advertisements for medical students looking to rent a house with/from them.

I know a lot of people using that as their primary means of finding a place to live. Try it out and tell us how the searching goes.

:)

Archived