Premed 101 Forums

tuition costs and matching

Hi everyone,

I have a quick question about applying to international med schools in Caribe, Australia and Ireland. I've heard many cons about attending schools there such as high tuition fees, and difficulty matching back to Canada/US. also, i heard that the degree you get from aussie and ireland is not an MD? Can someone clarify that for me? How does it actually work? I got accepted to St louis university in missouri this year but tuition is 200K 4-year escrow account so I'm wondering whether it is worth it attending or applying to non-US schools? Can anyone shed some light?

Hi everyone,

I have a quick question about applying to international med schools in Caribe, Australia and Ireland. I've heard many cons about attending schools there such as high tuition fees, and difficulty matching back to Canada/US. also, i heard that the degree you get from aussie and ireland is not an MD? Can someone clarify that for me? How does it actually work? I got accepted to St louis university in missouri this year but tuition is 200K 4-year escrow account so I'm wondering whether it is worth it attending or applying to non-US schools? Can anyone shed some light?

go to the US school. The international ones are going to be just as expensive and it will be harder for you to get a residency because you would be an IMG.

the only reason to go overseas is if you can't get in in North America

Archived