Premed 101 Forums

Rad Onc Interviews

gamma7

Where have you received rad onc invites?  

1 member has voted

1. 1. Where have you received rad onc invites?

• 1 month later...
Gossip... I heard from another med student that the U of A Rad Onc program is under review right now and that the program might be closed. Has anyone heard this?

If I can get info on this before match day, I will post.

Haven't heard anything but I'll ask around at work ...

Gossip... I heard from another med student that the U of A Rad Onc program is under review right now and that the program might be closed. Has anyone heard this?

DubZteR, any news? The student that told me about U of A was pretty convincing. I wonder if we are we able to contact the royal college to ask about this stuff.

Hey Jimmery,

Nobody at work seems to have heard of anything about this. I just sent some e-mails to some rad onc residents at other programs to see if they've heard anything. You can definitely contact the RCPSC about something like this and I would think the program would disclose to you if they were under review?

Sorry I wasn't able to find out more info. about this prior to your rank list due date!

I discussed this with another Rad Onc from another Canadian program and we both think that it would be very strange if the Alberta program were to close (it is one of the larger Rad Onc programs in Canada). They may possibly be "under review" but lots of people use the term "under review" loosely. For example, programs have been "under review" for things like violating PAIRO call schedule rules.

I discussed this with another Rad Onc from another Canadian program and we both think that it would be very strange if the Alberta program were to close (it is one of the larger Rad Onc programs in Canada). They may possibly be "under review" but lots of people use the term "under review" loosely. For example, programs have been "under review" for things like violating PAIRO call schedule rules.

Thanks DubZteR for checking this out. I ended up ranking the program lower because of this scare, unfortunately. :( I suppose the student matched to U of A will find out all the details.

Fingers crossed for match day, everybody!

Thanks DubZteR for checking this out. I ended up ranking the program lower because of this scare, unfortunately. :( I suppose the student matched to U of A will find out all the details.

Fingers crossed for match day, everybody!

Good luck on match day !!! :)

My understanding is that all royal college programs at the U of A are undergoing accreditation reviews simply because it is the U of A's turn for royal college accreditation. Most programs do not have the results of their reviews yet as I understand it. I know specifically that derm, internal medicine and radiology have all had their reviews completed and results are pending.

I wonder if this is what you had heard . . . it would be unfortunate to have changed your list for that!

Archived