Premed 101 Forums

mmi interview, and written station

Guest makbari

Guest makbari

Thank you so much for your helpful tips, by the way, I couldn't find this McGill one, could you please help me to link.

M

see ontariostudent's thread on the MMI experience @ McGill. It is excellent and she was accepted (but decided to go to U/T). Good luck!

Guest makbari

I am so worried about written part, it is handwritting and 2 station, each 15Minutes, and tip for that. how should i get prepare for it.

M:rolleyes:

Sleep well the night before the interview !!!

Read about ethics, think about problems our health care system faces now and what it will have to face in the future...

Except the unexcepted. ;)

mphem downloaded the Interview Package to these links:

http://rapidshare.com/files/350776493/Interview_Package.zip

http://www.mediafire.com/?j2m5gomy3kq

One of these links works.

For ontariostudent's thread in the McGill Section, click on her name (from Memembers), hit 'find all threads created' and it is the first one. Click on the thread and enjoy!

Guest makbari
I am so worried about written part, it is handwritting and 2 station, each 15Minutes, and tip for that. how should i get prepare for it.

M:rolleyes:

Thank you for the tips, i like your idea. do you think reading ethics would cover all of the mmi topics, how about written staion, any idea re topics for that?:confused:

Thank you for the tips, i like your idea. do you think reading ethics would cover all of the mmi topics, how about written staion, any idea re topics for that?:confused:

It will definitively help you, but you will never cover all the possible topics.

First, there's an infinite amount of topics (not infinite tought but a LOT of possible topics !)

Second, they do not want you to memorize stuff or "vomit" a pre-made answer to their questions. I'm sure they want the candidates to think critically and logically. Reading ethics will certainly open your mind to situations that you would never have thought about ! The goal is not to know the universal answer to any possible problem.

Third, the written station was unexpected for me, still it was one of my favorite station.

Again, do not stress... think about the nice buffet you'll get just before/after the interviews hummmm thinking of it makes me hungry :)

Fruits, pastries, juices, bagels + creamcheese....hummmm :D

What if you can't eat because you're so nervous? That usually happens to me. :(

McGill is probably my best shot at a med school in Canada, so my thoughts have been "don't screw up".

Well if you have the chance to be in the first wave of interviews, you'll have plenty of time to "meet" buffet afterward when the second wave will be doing the MMI. All your stress will be gone and your appetite will be back ohhh yess !

McGill conquered my stomach way before anything else :D

Archived