Premed 101 Forums

Microbi txtbooks/resources

Hi everyone,

I'm starting our unit on infectious diseases in January, and I was wondering if anyone had a line on any good textbooks or resources. I'm kind of looking for two different levels, one to give me a broad overview and one that goes into more depth. I've heard "Clinical Microbi made ridiculously simply" is a good one....any others? I've also heard mention of Lipincott Microbi, but I have the Pharm one, and find it pretty superficial (is there a microbi book analogous to Katzung for Pharm?)

Thanks in advance, any advice is much appreciated!

Also, happy holidays to everyone!

Hi everyone,

I'm starting our unit on infectious diseases in January, and I was wondering if anyone had a line on any good textbooks or resources. I'm kind of looking for two different levels, one to give me a broad overview and one that goes into more depth. I've heard "Clinical Microbi made ridiculously simply" is a good one....any others? I've also heard mention of Lipincott Microbi, but I have the Pharm one, and find it pretty superficial (is there a microbi book analogous to Katzung for Pharm?)

Thanks in advance, any advice is much appreciated!

Also, happy holidays to everyone!

I found review of medical microbio in the Lange series pretty good. Also accessible through accessmedicine.

I am the hugest fan ever of that microbio made simple book. It made learning infectious diseases sooo much better and the cartoons are great memory aids. The antibiotic section is pretty decent too. It's a bit superficial but it covers the core content of what you really need to know and also has tons of clinical pearls thrown in.

I found review of medical microbio in the Lange series pretty good. Also accessible through accessmedicine.

I agree with thebouque too. I highly recommend it, it's an easy read, straight to the point. I also used it all throughout undergrad; I majored in microbiology.

Archived