Premed 101 Forums

Interview Invites

Straight from their site

February 15 - General letter about interviews mailed.

March 1 – 10- Individual notices of date and time for interview mailed.

uhh...to me this sounds like refusals and invites are out on the 15th?....

Anybody have any idea when we can expect Sask to release both IP and OOP interview invites?

no clue...hmmm...I would just call/email admissions if you really want to know, the person's name is Sherrill, she's really nice and responsive

Do you know if they send their letters by regular post or email (or both)?

If it's regular mail, it would take a while for it to reach OOP people.

This may be a stupid question, but if you are IP you don't need to send your transcripts to the College of Medicine right?

Also, I am very excited for this year! Good luck to everyone who applied!

I believe no if you are Usask student but yes if you are studying at University of Regina...

Last year the invites were sent out by e-mail and I actually received mine on the 8th. The premed club also held a mock MMI with first years interviewing in late February. As a class, we haven't heard whether we have to do that or not but if you want some practice, keep an eye out for it.

Good luck everyone! :) I remember being so excited about the invite and everything worked out great.

Great. Thanks for the info.

• 2 weeks later...

This is kinda ridiculous that UofS is taking this long to respond to so few applications, and such small applications, comparatively to OMSAS's applications. I know it says the 15 of Feb on the website, but they must be letting us know soon by e-mail right? Also, airplane ticket prices for Saskatoon are insane.

Anyone else have thoughts on this?

Ab

This is kinda ridiculous that UofS is taking this long to respond to so few applications, and such small applications, comparatively to OMSAS's applications. I know it says the 15 of Feb on the website, but they must be letting us know soon by e-mail right? Also, airplane ticket prices for Saskatoon are insane.

Anyone else have thoughts on this?

Ab

Well, when you think about it, they're not really taking so long. Lots of schools just sent their invites out last week. So Feb 15th isn't an unreasonable date. Plus, they've had this date on their site for the entire application process, so it's not like applicants have been left waiting and wondering what's going on. On a similar note, an argument can be made for UWO. The cutoffs were posted a while ago; what's taking them so long to send out the emails? There may be only a few applications for Sask, but going through them, deciding cutoffs, etc isn't their only job. While I agree that the wait is unsatisfying, I wouldn't go so far as to say it's ridiculous.

As for airplane tickets, the price is generally the same for a flight into Saskatoon as it is for a flight into Calgary or Edmonton. It's somewhat expensive, but not unreasonably so.

I agree with you, but the application is so small. Yes, they were extremely transparent, but still, IMO just far too long. Their interviews are sooner than most Ontario schools as well, the 19-20.

Anyways, I hope we all hear soon, and we are all invited!

Ab

Archived