Premed 101 Forums

HELP! Need advice on campus transferring...

Guest Jack

Guest Jack

I just finished first year life sciences at UofT and am thinking about transfering down to either Scarborough or Erindale, mainly because I didn't do so well first year. I have heard life sciences is easier in scarborough, but I feel like I'm cheating by going down to the eaiser campus. A few questions...

1) How does medschool view different campuses of a university? Do they know, or even care that one has higher GPA standing than another?

2) If I go down to lets say scarborough and the course load is lighter/easier, will I be less prepared for MedSchool?

3) Do the MCATs have anything to do with what your field of study is? So if I take the easier program in Scarborough lets say, will I know less for the MCAT?

4) Say I don't get into medschool.. and I get my HonBSc from Scarborough.. can I transfer back to the St. George campus to do grad work? Will the HonBSc carry as much weight as one from St. George?

Please help.. i need to decide soon and the deadline for transfer is closing in...

Guest MEDCOMPSCI

Are you for real man? You think of Scarborough as an inferior campus huh? Seems like cheating to go there?

Well what about the 5000 of us that attend that campus? Did we just go there b/c St. George rejected us? Grow up you dick.

Guest Ample

I admit that I don't know much about UofT, but I doubt that this would be considered cheating. Afterall, most med schools do not care where you attend undergrad anyways. Also, I am sure that students from the easier campuses also get into med school.

Guest Ian Wong

Easy on the language folks. It's okay to disagree; in fact it's okay to disagree vehemently. However, personal digs aren't tolerated here. :)

As far as transferring, I think you should go wherever makes you happy. Without doubt, people get into med school from whatever campus, and it's unlikely that they discriminate between campuses. Go to the campus that will make you happy; that's a personal choice that I don't think we can really help you with.

Ian

UBC, Med 3

Archived