Premed 101 Forums

McGill Pharmacology Undergrad

Hi everyone,

I just registered as I wanted to ask you guys a couple of questions...

I'm 21 years old and I've discovered a huge passion for whatever concerns pharmacology and I have a lot of motivation. I'm in Montreal and I've never had good grades in High-School...I'm about to start my High-School classes for the pre-requisite for CEGEP. I'd be going to CEGEP Edouard-Montpetit. Let's say I would get very good grades. Do you guys think I'd be admitted into UnderGrad Pharmacology? What kind of grades would I need in CEGEP to stand a chance?

Thanks,

SunnyHours.

as a current student at McGill, I know there is a pharmacology program.

Coming from CEGEP, you cannot directly apply to pharmacology. But you have to transfer to the program after being admitted. You should choose a major that has courses overlapping with pharmacology (e.g. biochemistry)

Usually it would be a semester or two after admission. That means they will look at your GPA during your semesters at McGill

That being said, your work at CEGEP will only matter for the admission into Biology/Biomedical / Life Science Program for the Bachelor of Science degree at McGill. I believe the average score required for that is around 28

http://www.mcgill.ca/undergraduate-admissions/counsellors-advisors/quebec/admission-standards-previous-years

Archived