Premed 101 Forums

Waiting...

Hello all,

My best friend has gone through a series of tough tests (wrote the Quebec and Ontario bars in order to practice law) in the past few years. He offered me some amazing advice in regards to receiving important career news (i.e. med school apps). I think some of you may appreciate it, so here goes: the moment you receive your email from Dal with the link to your app decision, take your laptop/smartphone and go somewhere you have never been - and plan on never going back to - before you open the letter. If it's bad news, you can associate that place with the bad news, and then never go back there. If it's (hopefully) good news, you have a unique place to celebrate an important milestone in your life.

Sounds kinda corny, but my buddy is a stress freak and it has really worked for him. I'm definitely going to go somewhere different...

Good luck everyone, hope to meet y'all in Halifax come September.

This is great advice! Never thought of it before. I'll be seeking my own unexplored place on the Dal campus next Monday :)

• Replies 886
  • Created
  • Last Reply
My plan as well... Anywhere in the McCain (Language Art's building) should work for me!

Ha! I'm thinking the law building... But I guess it's far too quiet there. There are a number of little nooks in the McCain... I just don't want anyone to be around when I scream (joyously or not)

:rolleyes:

This is killing me. Because I know the interview invites went out early, I can't help myself.

Haha...you are not alone!!! :P

I wish that I was still in school so that I would have work/assignments to distract me.

I scheduled 3 hours of tutoring tonight and plan on training at my dojang afterward to get my mind off the subject. I love being able to kick/punch/yell all my anxiety out...helps me sleep at night ;)

9/66 and I'm still stupidly hopeful. Eternally optimistic.

I know. I keep telling myself getting an offer on monday is not likely. But I'm still hoping at the same time :(

I feel like time has crawled to a stand still the past few days...

9/66 and I'm still stupidly hopeful. Eternally optimistic.

9/64 no? 2 people from these forums were accepted into McGill correct? Roxana and her friend if I recall correctly..I have yet to talk/meet an OOP person who didn't have another interview besides Dalhousie, so although Monday might not be the best news, hopefully something good will happen by the summer.

9/64 no? 2 people from these forums were accepted into McGill correct? Roxana and her friend if I recall correctly..I have yet to talk/meet an OOP person who didn't have another interview besides Dalhousie, so although Monday might not be the best news, hopefully something good will happen by the summer.

Hopefully my odds with Tim Hortons Roll Up the Rim have nothing to do with my luck for Dal... the odds for Timmys are 1/6 and I have yet to win anything... out of 13...

Didn't their online powerpoint thing say they interviewed more than 66 of us? Maybe I'm wrong...

I just checked and it said that they interview 60-65 of the top-ranked OOP applicants.

However, if I remember correctly, an OOP applicant who was rejected pre-interview noted that his/her letter said 66 were interviewed.

I just checked and it said that they interview 60-65 of the top-ranked OOP applicants.

However, if I remember correctly, an OOP applicant who was rejected pre-interview noted that his/her letter said 66 were interviewed.

Thanks!

10char

yeah, the odds are damn slim.

I've got my cash on HBP, being short waitlisted for Toronto that year, that kid has got some interview skilzzzz. :)

lol, I appreciate the confidence.

But perhaps I was in the top 250, and my interview pushed me down!! I somehow doubt it though with my low academic score.

Man oh man... I got UofT on Saturday and I'm more anxious over Dal.

Archived