Premed 101 Forums

Waiting...

• Replies 886
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Good question... I would like to know as well :)

Yeah, that powerpoint slide only says 324 maritime applicants (or some number like that) were invited for interviews... I feel like there are, ratio wise to the number of seats, probably more NS applicants than NB applicants because I remember reading somewhere on the forum that an NS resident who was rejected was told they would have been accepted if they were an NB resident since the acceptance scores were lower... making me think they go further down that list.

Either way... I'm thinking 1 in 3(ish) chance of getting in just based on having an interview.

I bet we'll get an email today telling us where to log in and how. But, I think the letters won't be updated until Monday morning.

I'm trying to prepare myself for an email from Dal so if I do get one today I don't barf on my desk at work.

I love how many people are viewing right now.

Does anyone have some info on waitlists - do they give you your waitlist number overall or for oop/maritimes or provincial?

There are two waitlists, one for OOP and one for IP. I am not sure how it works for the Saint John campus though, would there be three waitlists?

There are two waitlists, one for OOP and one for IP. I am not sure how it works for the Saint John campus though, would there be three waitlists?

Right on. I ask because overall the waitlist moved a huge number of spots - as did each province individually. So say a Nova Scotian was waitlisted, and it said 14th spot, do you think that would be overall IP (NS, NFLD, PEI maybe NB) - in which case they would actually be a lower number out of Nova Scotians - or would that be 14th out of all Nova Scotians.

Is that confusing lol

Right on. I ask because overall the waitlist moved a huge number of spots - as did each province individually. So say a Nova Scotian was waitlisted, and it said 14th spot, do you think that would be overall IP (NS, NFLD, PEI maybe NB) - in which case they would actually be a lower number out of Nova Scotians - or would that be 14th out of all Nova Scotians.

Is that confusing lol

If you're referring to the list they post on the admissions website, i'm pretty sure if it says NS - 14, that means 14 more NS applicants have been offered a spot.

Is that confusing lol

I'm quite sure that if you were 14th on the IP waitlist that you are 14th of the pool of PEI applicants and NS applicants (there are no places for NL or NB on that list). I don't think they number would be much lower if the list contained only Nova Scotians since there is not nearly as many islanders applying. Does that answer your question?

I'm quite sure that if you were 14th on the IP waitlist that you are 14th of the pool of PEI applicants and NS applicants (there are no places for NL or NB on that list). I don't think they number would be much lower if the list contained only Nova Scotians since there is not nearly as many islanders applying. Does that answer your question?

Ahhh icic. Yea that definitely answers my question. Thanks!

Thanks for the birthday wishes everyone! :)

So, no news today I guess?

Does anyone have Queens this weekend?! I have an interview there on Sunday. Maybe see some of you there, I feel like no news before this is a good thing whether it was good or bad.

Happy weekend!!! :D

I'm pretty sure (not 100%) that there is seperate waitlists for each IP - because there is designated NS seats that NS gov pays for, designated PEI seats that PEI gov pays for, etc. So when the site will update to say X waitlist positions per province, as they have in past years. Of course, they always move different # of spots each year so we are left waiting and hoping for people to accept elsewhere :)

Since Dal traditionally releases acceptances in the morning, I guess we're waiting until Monday.

This is going to be the longest weekend ever...

Isn't this only the second year that they have not notified people by snail mail? I know last year I got my interview offer at the very end of the week they said it would come out - and as late in the day as they could send it!

Well, anyway, Good luck everyone, regardless of when the notices come out!

A total change of pace here guys; just wondering if anybody else knows about their lovely mothers visiting PM101 just as frequently as you do? Trying to find out her sons chances of getting into medical school just as avidly as he is!! Something that i found out yesterday, it really put a genuine smile on my face knowing i have that much support behind me - we all know how long and tedious the preparation for this has been!

Love you Mom!!

A total change of pace here guys; just wondering if anybody else knows about their lovely mothers visiting PM101 just as frequently as you do? Trying to find out her sons chances of getting into medical school just as avidly as he is!! Something that i found out yesterday, it really put a genuine smile on my face knowing i have that much support behind me - we all know how long and tedious the preparation for this has been!

Love you Mom!!

Awesome. My mom can check her email and stocks. That's about it. She also googles, but somehow finds the most random links. Need to teach her about Boolean operators.

Love you Mom!!

My mom's a frequent, too. Love you too, Mom! xoxo

Archived