Premed 101 Forums

How to get to Hamilton?

The quickest way from Montreal would probably be a combination of VIA Rail and the GO Bus.

Take the VIA to Union Station in Toronto and catch the #16 (or 17, I can't recall) GO Bus to Hamilton and get dropped off at Main and Aberdeen. That intersection is about a 15 minute walk to MUMC/MDCL so maybe hop in a cab.

Also, the walk from Union to the GO Bus Terminal is about 10 minutes, so it's no big deal!

If you fly into Toronto City Centre with Porter it'll cut you a ton of time on the train, but more expensive....then u take the free transfer to union station and catch the go bus.

This is in fact, the quickest way. And given that VIA rail is so expensive, you'll probably find a better deal from Porter.

I'm in Montreal and I'm wondering what the best way to get to Hamilton for the interview is? Looks like the Amtrak doesn't go there...

The Greyhound does but it takes ten hours - is that the best way?

Hamilton has an airport that flies to Montreal.

EDIT: or if it doesn't fly to Montreal, go to Pearson and take GO transit!

This is in fact, the quickest way. And given that VIA rail is so expensive, you'll probably find a better deal from Porter.

There is a 20% off code on the main porter webpage if you book today... they always seem to have some sale on, so if you wait a few days I'm sure there would be another one...

Well, I guess we'll see, then.

McGill at least shafted me with their hard 3.9. Stinks because my science GPA is like a 3.94, but I took a second major in the arts and it dragged me down to a 3.86 ish. They also don't seem to care that I've been taking all grad level courses this year, and many 400 level courses during my lower years. Blah blah ***** ***** :P

But I'm just really grateful to have at least one interview lined up.

Archived