Premed 101 Forums

IP University applicant with MCAT results removed/provided

2010hope

Do you think they look at IP Unversity applicants with MCAT results removed as a separate category from the IP University applicants with MCAT results provided?

How do you think this will affect the competition in either category?

no idea. could it be used as a tie-breaker in the end? :confused:

Do you think they look at IP Unversity applicants with MCAT results removed as a separate category from the IP University applicants with MCAT results provided?

How do you think this will affect the competition in either category?

Are you talking specifically those who had an MCAT result show up and then had it removed, or people who didn't submit an MCAT result at all?

Either way, I would think they'd only care about the MCAT now if it showed a big improvement over the science pre-reqs. All IP applicants would be considered in the same category.

I guess there is some kind of equivalence between GPA and MCAT. But I do not think the applicants will be devided into Yes and No MCATgroups for ranking.

This is what I think.

The MCAT score tells your quality in the pre-requisite courses. I guess previous years, the MCAT score is used to rank the pre-requisite courses, but since it is removed, we have the so called "pre-requisite-GPA" this year.

Archived