Premed 101 Forums

what do you do when you have a cold?

Boa

Any granma recipe?? Or any tricks to get rid of the stuffed nose??

I have a midterm coming up next week but i cant focus to study, i keep sneezing and i feel like my head is heavyyyyyy plus my nose is blocked :(

I heard lemon and honey is good!

Whats your remedy?

I have a midterm coming up next week but i cant focus to study, i keep sneezing and i feel like my head is heavyyyyyy plus my nose is blocked :(

Whats your remedy?

Definitely lemon and honey.

And a lot of warm stews and soup. My dad makes me congee with pork liver.

Hot toddys work, but I serve them to people, rather take NeoCitron myself.

Hot showers, whining, lying in bed, and praying for a quick death.

Actually, today I have a cold...I spent my time sniffling in a lab and haven't really taken anything for it yet. Maybe some Tylenol later.

1. Fill a zip lock bag with lukewarm salt water and snip off one corner.

2. Insert into nostril and gently squeeze the bag.

3. Lean over the sink and repeat the word "kay" to ensure you don't end up drinking it.

Voila, home made neti pot!

It looks silly and gross, but it feels so good to unclog the nose! The congestion will come back, but this is a cheap way to get some much needed relief.

Feel better soon :)

1. Fill a zip lock bag with lukewarm salt water and snip off one corner.

2. Insert into nostril and gently squeeze the bag.

3. Lean over the sink and repeat the word "kay" to ensure you don't end up drinking it.

Voila, home made neti pot!

It looks silly and gross, but it feels so good to unclog the nose! The congestion will come back, but this is a cheap way to get some much needed relief.

Feel better soon :)

Hmm, sounds interesting. Out of curiosity, are you supposed to tilt your head back when squeezing the bag?

Whats your remedy?

Lemon and honey :) also, spicy hot soup!!!! It really gets the nose running lol :cool:

If you discover it in time ( the first day you start sneezing) in my country (ROmania - Eastern Europe) they say you should drink lemon water, take an aspirin and after take a hot cup of tea , a hot shower and in bed with you the next second and take a deep nap!

Cheers,

thank you for the tips!

why are u banned?

Lots of hot tea with lemon and chicken soup.

Sleep dressed in warm clothes and above all with my head and neck covered. Works every time.

thats a good idea ! i should cover my neck with a light scarf or sumtin cuz im always waking up with a sore throat! thx!

I actually take kids Triaminic (they used to have directions for adults but they took it off the box... it's 4 pills instead of 2 haha.. the orange ones). Clears your nose like a charm.

If you have midterms to study for, I'm guessing staying in bed all day isn't really an option. Like others have been saying, best you can do is load up on lemon/chemomile tea with honey, wear some wool socks to bed, dress warmly, take hot showers, and just wait it out. Feel better!

I actually take kids Triaminic (they used to have directions for adults but they took it off the box... it's 4 pills instead of 2 haha.. the orange ones). Clears your nose like a charm.

If you have midterms to study for, I'm guessing staying in bed all day isn't really an option. Like others have been saying, best you can do is load up on lemon/chemomile tea with honey, wear some wool socks to bed, dress warmly, take hot showers, and just wait it out. Feel better!

how cuuuuuuuuuuuteeee :P

I sleep with a hat on, drink lots of herbal tea all day, and if I'm really stuffed up, boil some water in a pan and inhale the vapour. I think you can put Vicks in it too if you want, but all that hot steam clears things out and feels good. Oh, and honey and lemon in hot water, every single time.

I sleep with a hat on, drink lots of herbal tea all day, and if I'm really stuffed up, boil some water in a pan and inhale the vapour. I think you can put Vicks in it too if you want, but all that hot steam clears things out and feels good. Oh, and honey and lemon in hot water, every single time.

Ok, you guys have the cutest advices ever lolll I am going to sleep in like 15 minutes , Im putting my scarf on and also a hat. I hope i will feel better tomorrow:)

Zinc lozenges.

Taken at the onset of symptoms (think - tickling throat but not sure if you're imaging it or not).

There's no good evidence to suggest that they actually work clinically; however there's a proposed mechanism (inhibition of viral replication). Additionally, anecdotally at least, they've worked for me in preventing a cold before I developed symptoms (I had symptoms for 6-10 hours and hten it cleared up rapidly).

Archived