Premed 101 Forums

Hotel Information: March 26-27 Interview Weekend

Just an update: those wishing to stay Friday night (25th) for the Saturday interview will be able to find rooms.

However, the hotels are all booked for the Saturday night. Thus, the issue only affects those with interviews on the 27th.

Luckily, my interview is on the 26th. However, I originally wanted to stay the extra night so that I could walk around the city on the 27th. C'est la vie :P

for those driving, there should still be some hotels a little further out (maybe ancaster, dundas or stoney creek). that weekend is a huge race called Around the Bay - it's really popular, so no surprise that the hotels are booked. i believe something was also mentioned about staying with a current med student before your interview...

also, burlington is relatively close and it's quite easy to get to mcmaster from there.

depends what you mean by risky... personally, it's never taken me more than an hour and a half to drive to hamilton (from vaughan)... but most people prefer to stay over the night before so they can get a good sleep, don't have to rush, don't have to make the 1-2 hr drive in the morning (in a suit), not have to worry about parking / finding the place, not get stressed on the drive up, etc... plus there's always the possibility of a random snowstorm or massive traffic jam or accident or something... so in that sense there is always some risk

but i guess risk is relatively low - it's not bad drive, and as long as you leave at a good time you'll probably be fine... although i'd give myself a good extra hour or so, just in case of any traffic, or you miss an exit, or anything like that... better to get there very early then to get extremely stressed and get there last second, or late (which would be pretty devastating lol)

Would it be too risky to drive from toronto in the morning? Anyone else doing this?

Neg. What Mattg said: just leave early.

Both times I interviewed here I drove from the GTA and was fine. Vaughan's a bit farther than where I hail from, but if you're super worried, just buck up and pay for the 407 with all that money you save from not getting a hotel, and you'll still have plenty to spare (for parking...) :D.

The only drawback to leaving early is that you might arrive early, and have to endure excessive awkward and nervous chit chat.

Archived