Premed 101 Forums

Sadly Ridculous Question

Guest Ronin

So it looks like I'm coming down with a cold/flu

Which is a lovely thing to worry about right now as I prepare for Saturday.

This is a bit of a weird question, but are there any meds I should avoid taking the day of the test? Obviously non-drowsy would be the way to go, but I'm just wondering if there's anything else I should be on the lookout for.

I love how we MCAT takers obssess over every detail. Friday night someone will start a "What Should I Wear to Bed" thread and someone else will ask whether briefs are too contricting on test day.

:rollin

Guest Lactic Folly

..diuretics ..

After one particularly bad experience with an English exam, I go light on the liquids at breakfast the morning of :|

Guest premed81

Well, here's another ridiculous question. On the test day, where do we put our bags? Can they just sit under the desk? What exactly is the set up of the classroom like? Thanks for any input.

Sorry to hear you're not feeling well! Maybe it will pass by Saturday...

If I were you I'd be careful about taking something new. If you've never taken the drug before it could surprize you. I personally can't take anything that's "non-drowsy" because my heartrate will hit 130!

If you've taken it before I don't think it would be a problem.

...oh - and LOL!!!! Good analogy with the PJ's and underwear! It's SO true... I just made myself a lucky necklace - all sorts of crystals and natural stones (of course they equalled my lucky number) - what a geek I am :)

Feel better!

Guest Lactic Folly

premed81, when I wrote we were allowed to keep our bags by our desks. However, exam administrations seem to vary widely from place to place, as with some of the people here who have had ultra-strict proctors, so be prepared to be flexible!

PS about the setup of the classroom, it might be worthwhile to go look at it beforehand, or at least get there nice and early..

Would a non-drowsy medication taken the night before keep you awake at night? If yes, you probably shouldn't take it. You probably want to get a good night sleep the night before. Drink alot of fluids. I hope you feel better. GOOD LUCK this saturday!:P

Oh yeah, I'm still sick. Snot and phlegm everywhere, it's dead sexy.

I took the day off of work so that I wouldn't be completely exhausted tomorrow. Hopefully the people writing the test won't lynch me for sniffing all day.

They wouldn't care if I brought tissues with me, would they? I mean, I suppose I could write notes on the tissue....

And yes, I'm being a superstitious fool as well. I'm breaking out the lucky shirt I've had since high school.

Good luck to everyone tomorrow!

Guest Kirsteen

Hi there Ronin,

I've heard some invigilators say that you can bring in an unopened box of tissues with you into the test room, and you can then open and use them once inside.

Good luck and hopefully you'll be feeling a little less grotty tomorrow,

Kirsteen

Archived