Premed 101 Forums

Cegep student question

ssj0123

Hello,

I didn't have a great semester as there were a couple of personal issues going on and I got a R-score of 30. i checked the Mcgill site and it said that the lowest they interviewed had a R-core of 32 and the recommended is 35.

Im in my second semester and i am wondering if I still have the chance to get in?.. Ive always been determined to get into premed, but this low first semester r-score has put me down. I am very involved in my community, play a sport and have been volunteering since I was in grade7. I go to John Abbott and I am not sure how many people they accept from there...

Any advice.?

Hi, you still have a chance to get in provided that you're taking full course loads (that is a minimum of 6 courses per semester - there might be some rules regarding # of credits too)

If you work hard, get 35 this term and the fall term next year; you'd have a CRC of 33.3 - which is respectable but not "recommended". If you can pull off a 36 for two terms, even better!

Hello,

I didn't have a great semester as there were a couple of personal issues going on and I got a R-score of 30. i checked the Mcgill site and it said that the lowest they interviewed had a R-core of 32 and the recommended is 35.

Im in my second semester and i am wondering if I still have the chance to get in?.. Ive always been determined to get into premed, but this low first semester r-score has put me down. I am very involved in my community, play a sport and have been volunteering since I was in grade7. I go to John Abbott and I am not sure how many people they accept from there...

Any advice.?

Archived