Premed 101 Forums

% of MMIs/Personal Narrative/CV/grades

CREA.tive

In the "File Review Process" section of the admissions website, it is written:

For all cohorts (except the Non-Traditional Pathway):

Multiple Mini-Interviews: 80%; Personal Narrative: 20%.

How much is worth the CV in that case? What about the grades?

When you think about it, 80% is huge percentage:eek:

I am assuming the 20% for the personal narrative includes the CV, because they wouldn't make us do it if it wasn't relevant... Unless they somehow try to use your CV to corroborate what you wrote in your essay? But then again I read on the forums that the person reading your cv can be different from the one reading your narrative, so it's really unclear at this point

Also I think the grade is only to get you to the interview, more like for an elimination purpose

(so a person with a 32 r score versus someone would 36 wouldn't have less chance of getting in, I think it all depends on the interview and the narrative)

In the "File Review Process" section of the admissions website, it is written:

For all cohorts (except the Non-Traditional Pathway):

Multiple Mini-Interviews: 80%; Personal Narrative: 20%.

How much is worth the CV in that case? What about the grades?

When you think about it, 80% is huge percentage:eek:

For the Uni category, it was confirmed at the interview that for the post-interview decision it was 80% MMI and 20% personal narrative (and only the narrative).

The CV and grades only factor into deciding who gets an interview. So to answer the original question, they're worth 0% for the post-interview decision. And yes, 80% for the interview is a lot!

Maybe CEGEP is different, but this is the story for Uni at least.

But then, they also write that:

For the preliminary screening of candidates (shortlisting for interviews), non-academic qualities are assessed by way of the personal narrative abstract, the c.v. highlights and references.

For candidates selected for interviews, non-academic qualities are assessed by way of the personal narrative (full text), c.v. (full text) and performance in the interviews.

(As a hypothetical example, if we intend to interview 50 people in a particular cohort, we would score the Personal Narrative and CV submissions for the top 200-300 files, in order to generate an "invite-to-interview-list" from among this group.)

From what I understand, it means that for the top 200-300 files, they look at your abstract, CV highlights and references. Then once you are selected, they score your personal narrative, CV and grades in order to know who gets an interview. Finally, once you have done the interviews, they only score your personal narrative (20%) and your interviews (80%). Is that it?

Archived