Premed 101 Forums

Does anyone know how many applicants are wait-listed for UWO, Mac or Queens PT? I'm also wondering if wait-listed people are told their position on the list.. Can't wait for Friday (eek)!

I'm guessing that they'll waitlist at least the same number of spots they have (ie. accept 65 and waitlist 65) because people will get accepted to multiple schools (as well as other programs). That's just my guess though..

What was your GPA?

I'm guessing that they'll waitlist at least the same number of spots they have (ie. accept 65 and waitlist 65) because people will get accepted to multiple schools (as well as other programs). That's just my guess though..

What was your GPA?

Yeah that was my guess as well. My 10 Credit GPA is 3.88, cumulative is 3.80. Where did you apply? It's been such a long wait and Friday can't come soon enough!

Yeah that was my guess as well. My 10 Credit GPA is 3.88, cumulative is 3.80. Where did you apply? It's been such a long wait and Friday can't come soon enough!

You don't have to worry about the waitlist with a 3.88, especially for UWO because they only look at marks. How did the CAP and MMI go? If those went well then you're pretty much a shoe-in for those schools too.

I applied to all 4 schools. And I agree, Friday can't come soon enough. Once I know what's going on I can finally enjoy my summer.

You don't have to worry about the waitlist with a 3.88, especially for UWO because they only look at marks. How did the CAP and MMI go? If those went well then you're pretty much a shoe-in for those schools too.

I applied to all 4 schools. And I agree, Friday can't come soon enough. Once I know what's going on I can finally enjoy my summer.

Thanks, hopefully not. I'm worried about Queens and Mac though. The MMI was okay, but not super.. My nerves ruined the first station for me for sure lol. I didn't apply to U of T so didn't do the CAP, but I heard it was pretty brutal. How was everything for you? What's your first choice if you have one?

Thanks, hopefully not. I'm worried about Queens and Mac though. The MMI was okay, but not super.. My nerves ruined the first station for me for sure lol. I didn't apply to U of T so didn't do the CAP, but I heard it was pretty brutal. How was everything for you? What's your first choice if you have one?

Don't worry, with your GPA you'll get into Western for sure. These are the stats provided by aug89 earlier in the thread for the past 2 years at UWO:

2009-first round cutoff 3.72 final student 3.61

2010-first round cutoff 3.71 final student 3.68

I totally agree about the CAP being brutal, although I think the MMI was alright (especially after the first station when my nerves calmed down a bit).

I'm not too sure what my first choice is. It's varied over time. At first it was Western, but after the CAP I was hoping for UofT. They have great clinical placements and it's in Toronto (born and raised here :D ). However I'm a bit worried about having 40 hours of lectures, labs, and tutorials (that's if I even get in after my crappy CAP).

I wouldn't mind McMaster either. It's a good school and I feel like there will be more free time compared to other schools because of PBL and independent learning, but I'd rather learn in a classroom as opposed to learning on my own. And I also have some friends who go to Mac so I'd probably adjust faster to a new city.

Queens is the wild-card for me. It seems like people with good ECs and high GPAs get rejected. I don't really think I stand a chance, and so I never thought about going to Queens (although it's a great schools too).

I really do hope the UWO trends continue to follow the same GPA, but I believe the fact that they no longer require 50 volunteer hours, will drastically impact this:mad:

Ya it will be interesting to see what happens on Friday. In a blog by the Dean of Health Sciences @ UWO, he mentions that applications jumped 29.8% from 2010 (823 applications for 50 spots), eesh...

Source: http://atwestern.typepad.com/dialogue_with_the_dean/

Geez it seems like PT is way more competitive in ontario than alberta. I'm considering PT and U of A site says average GPA of people admitted is 3.5. So cut offs would be lower. Anyone know why it's so different? larger class size maybe?
I think the GPA is higher in Ontario because there's a lot more applicants, which causes the GPA requirements to rise.

IIRC, The GPA requirements for UofA for OOP students are just as high as the requirements for Ontario schools.

Archived